Chapter 5 - Bullseye

Chapter 5

By the time Louis' car got into the garage of the safe house, everyone was tired. 

The boys, minus Niall, began to unload the bags. After finally unpacking and stocking up the kitchen, everyone met up in the living room to debrief and prep safety plans for the newly discovered threats.

"Amanda's really cool and sweet. I think she's great for Niall." Lina revealed to the group.

"She is!" Michelle nodded, "I just can't help but worry about her... She discovered her power so fast and it's only a matter of time before the dreams come to her."

Denmy whispered, "I wondered what happened to her.."

"Whatever it is, let's just be happy she's safe and with us." Liam replied.

"When the time comes, we'll help her through it." Michelle stated. "I don't know about you guys, but I can use a relaxing bath right now."

-

The next morning, Amanda woke up and found herself in Niall's arms. 

For a vampire, he was quite warm. She couldn't help but cuddle her head further into his chest and felt really safe in his arms. The attraction she felt for him was stronger and she wondered if he felt the same. When she looked up to his face, she saw him already looking down at her.

"Morning gorgeous."

"Good morning Ni." She blushed.

"Did you sleep well?" He asked worried.

She nodded, "And you?"

"Can't really sleep babe, but thanks for asking." 

"Vampire thing?"

He nodded, amused. "Definitely a vampire thing. Sadly, the myth of us never sleeping is true."

"Got it." She giggled, "So what's the plan for today?"

"Training." Niall sighed, "It's intense, but I'll see if Louis can take it easy on you."

"Training? For what?"

"Just the basics like running, strength, aim, and self-defense." He replied, "Don't worry babe, we all have to go through with it. It happens every Tuesday and Thursdays. It's just a precautionary work-out to make sure we stay in shape in the case that a situation like this arises."

"Oh god, I'm really weak and slow." She groaned. 

Niall chuckled, "You're a vampire now. You're much more faster and stronger than an average human."

The two laid down in silence while she was deep in thought. She was not looking forward to working out, but she'd rather not be the weakest.

"What are you thinking about?" He blurted out.

She looked at him confused and he blushed.

"I-I can't read your thoughts. I can read everyone else's, except yours. I can't help but be cur-"

"I'm just wondering why we're hiding from those vampires."

Niall let out a huge sigh, "There are two kinds of vampires; the good ones and evil. It probably sounds-"

"Cliche?"

He nodded, before going in full detail about everything from the council to her being his soulmate.

"So what you're saying is that they're after everyone's power?"

"Kind of. At least we think the leader behind it is. We have the strongest combination of powers any vampire can have. We're powerful and kind of royal."