Chapter 18 - Lucinda the Angel

Chapter 18

It's been a couple hours since Abdeli left Amanda locked up in the dark room and since then, she's been trying to calm herself.

She was attempting to channel her powers so she could try to project images of her surroundings to Javier, but it was too dark and useless. The small room was making her feel really claustrophobic. But most of all, she needed her loving Irish blood-singer. Thinking of him pained her heart and although it kept her determined to get out alive, she knew he was hurting too.

Slow down your breathing. A voice in her head spoke and she did as told. Concentrate on the room.

Obeying the voice, she managed to make out a small window with bars on it.

Use your vampire sight.

She could see the top of a bunch of trees. She closed her eyes for a few minutes and sent the image to Javier. She jumped as the door opened, allowing the dark to be overridden with light.

"Oh perfect, you're up." Abdeli stated, walking in the room.

"What do you want?"

"Your friends are so stupid. They should've known it was a trap." Abdeli rolled her eyes, "They're still looking for you."

"Actually, I think it's you they're looking for." Amanda shrugged.

Abdeli scoffed, "And why's that?"

"Oh, I don't know...maybe because you freaking kidnapped me!"

"They won't find us." Abdeli laughed, "We're in the middle of nowhere; Cheshire's quite small."

A light bulb came into Amanda's mind, "Why me? What do you want with me?"

"Well aside from you dying a slow and painful death, you are the key to their downfall." Abdeli stated, "We're going to lure your friends in yet another trap."

"And you're doing all of this for what? Power?"

Abdeli's eyes hardened, "I want control and people will follow me once-"

"But how does that make you happy? It just gives you more responsibilities because you have to think about the welfare of your followers."

"Welfare of my followers?" Abdeli laughs.

"You have to make sure they're paid and that they are following your orders. Since you want the power, you're left in charge of everyone."

"Sweetie, I can just have my second in command to do all that."

"And he deserves so much better than you."

Abdeli kicks her in the stomach, "Listen bitch, I didn't kidnap you for advice on how to run my gang. I'd love to kill you right now, but I can't. I'll just save that for when your friends and your sweet little soul mate come."

"No, no. That-it'll kill him."

"That's the plan." Abdeli smirked, walking out the room.

Amanda sat in the darkness and let the words sink in.

Her friends were going to die saving her. She was going to die too and it was going to emotionally kill Niall. She sent the whole conversation to Javier and prayed he'd get it and tell everyone to forget about saving her.

Right after she sent it, she collapsed on the cold, hard ground. She needed something to fill her stomach, but refused to accept anything from Abdeli.

-

Everyone back at the safe house was busy.

They were all trying to come up with a plan to save Amanda and kill Abdeli. Everyone except Niall. Although he was worked up to save her, his mind was off.