Chapter 17 - Abducted

Chapter 17

"We have a lead! She's a couple towns away from us." Horace exclaimed, running into the room where the leaders were meeting.

He was one of the best trackers in Rome.

"Her camp isn't huge, but someone clearly told her about us and by the number of rogues she has, she's prepared." Joeli, the Italian's tracker, added.

"We probably have a week or two until she strikes." Liam calculated. "Maybe less."

"Okay, I want a group patrolling at all times." Louis ordered, "I don't care who goes out or how many, I want a group out there."

"Yes, that's a good idea but we mustn't send our best out." Lorenzo spoke.

"Or weakest..." Adonis nodded.

"We'll stick to our regular two groups. They'll just have to rotate." Louis shrugged.

"What about the little kids? The elderly?" Elide asked.

"We'll have to cut out all outdoor activities and keep 'em inside." Sean spoke.

Amanda pondered, "What about when the uh, war happens?

"They'll be rushed to the basement." Artemis stated, "It's the safest place in the house and has a couple portals, just in case."

"Ah yes, the portals are effective at touch and only works once. They all take you somewhere safe, but to different locations. You can be in Asia at a single touch." Adonis chirped.

"Which is why we enforced child supervision for each room. Whether it's a teen or adult, they know their main priority during the war, is to get the children into the basement and to flee if the enemy is anywhere near the house." Liam spoke.

"So we're all going to fight?" Lina questioned.

"No!" Zayn answered at the same as Lorenzo.

"We can't have you ladies fighting." Louis replied.

"It's too dangerous for you girls." Harry commented, "You guys haven't been around long enough to have the fighting experience as they do."

"Again, sexist." Elide rolled her eyes.

Adonis nodded, "He is correct. The other leaders and I, think its best if you ladies guard the house."

"Coincidentally all the leaders are men who made this decision, huh?" Artemis spoke up.

"Your strength is needed to protect our base." Louis responded genuinely.

"Of course." Amanda mumbled, sarcastically.

Niall chuckled, "It's for your safety babe. As much as I don't want to be away from you, you'd be a distraction for me if you were to fight with us."

"So basically, only the males are fighting?" Lina concluded.

"No, there are some women who are fighting as well." Sean spoke up.

"The sooner this war happens, the sooner we get to go home and relax." Liam sighed.

Elide pouted, "We better go on that trip you promised."

"We will." Harry assured.

"Okay now that we have that covered, I want someone to hide a few weapons around the forest." Louis commanded, "Just in case."

Zayn nodded, "I'll do it."

"We also need to inform everyone whose fighting, to keep an eye out for anything suspicious." Adonis added.