-67-

CHAPTER 67 | LOST CHANCE

Jesse's P.O.V.

From out of nowhere, a sharp pain struck me down to my knees before I collapsed on the ground. It felt like I ran a hundred miles. Breathing heavily with each inhale harder than the last, as if I wasn't getting enough air. The feeling of losing a part of me put my inner beast into a frenzy, trying to break free and take over me.

"What's wrong," Ylva knelt beside me, "are you okay?"

"I don't know, it is my heart," I gasped, reaching for my chest. My eyes widen when I realize the only thing is could be "it's Pyro, I can't feel him."

"No, it can't be," looking up at Aoki, she seems to change in front of me. Her dark hair became longer and untamed with wavy curls, and her eyes had a gold hue to them, "you two hold on. We can't waste any more time."

She tugged us forward, and everything went a blur. My surroundings seem to blend all together as we move through the forest at an unbelievable speed. I truly felt like I was flying for the moment, soaring like a bird. The only reason for this was because of Aoki. She must have done something. It only felt like seconds before we stopped in front of the lake near the cave we stayed during Pyro's recovery.

"Pyro," Ylva screamed.

My heart dropped when my eyes saw Lupa Pawa letting go of a Pyro's lifeless body, hitting the ground hard. I couldn't hear his heartbeat or feel our connection. He was gone. If we had gotten here sooner, I could have saved him. My inner beast wanted to be let loose. We both wanted to kill the bitch that killed him.

"The one that got away," she spoke, her attention on Aoki as she moves away from Pyro's body, "I always wonder what happens to you after you set me free."

"Now you know," Aoki whispered in a deep tone.

"Are you here to offer yourself to me?"

"Jesse, Ylva, get Pyro's body far away from here," she didn't take her eyes off Lupa Pawa, "I don't want her trying to possess his body when I destroy her body."

"Let Aoki handle her," Ylva pulls me out of my thoughts of being the one to kill Lupa Pawa, "we need to take care of Pyro's body."

"You two are not going anywhere," Lupa Pawa smiled as two of her protectors moved beside her, "I can't have you spreading my deeds around."

"Bitch!" I growled.

"I've been called worse things," she laughed, placing her hands on her hips.

"You are just a shadow," Aoki's words made her stop laughing, "trying to become something you can never be."

Lupa Pawa sent her protector on us, yet Aoki didn't flinch. From out of nowhere, her protectors took down Lupa Pawa's protectors in seconds.

"You are stronger," Lupa Pawa seemed amused at Aoki's abilities, "this will be interesting, to say the least."

"Go get Pyro. I don't know how long I can keep this up," glancing over at us before taking off running towards Lupa Pawa with several of her protectors around her "hurry!"

"Let's go," looking over at Ylva, "let's get Pyro's body out of here."

She nodded as we kept a fair amount of distance between them and us as we reached Pyro. We both check for a pulse or any signs that he was alive, but nothing.

"Jesse," Ylva's soft voice pulled my sight off Pyro's lifeless body. I could tell she was doing her best not to cry, "we have to get him out of here."

I nodded.

A was about to pick him up when I was grabbed from behind and toss in the air. I could hear Ylva letting out a painful groan. When I hit the ground, I quickly recovered. Ylva yards away in the fetal position, not moving.

"You think you can take what is mine?" Lupa Pawa stare down are me, her eyes filled with evil, "you are dead-"

"Leave him alone," the voice was like thunder and filled with authority, "it's time that I dealt with you."

Standing where Pyro laid was a woman of pure perfection, her silver-white wavy hair cascade past her waist, untamed yet regal. Her grey eyes spoke of wisdom and power, while her brown skin radiant with life beyond that of mortal looks. Her beauty was far beyond that of Lupa Pawa.

"You cause enough damage in this lifetime," she went on to say, "I have seen far too much of your misdeeds."

"Please, your vessel is too weak to stop me," Lupa Pawa pointed out as if it was a fact, "your vessel is already dead, meaning you will soon follow him. Sorry, Verum Goddess."

"That can't be true," I whispered, "Pyro can't be dead."

"Let me surface," my wolf spoke as a surge of power circulates through me, "we can protect them both."

"What you mean, Pyro is dead!" I told him, confused about what he was saying and trying to do.

"If you trust me, then let me surface. Let me gain control of your body."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!!!!

-AJ Pharaoh