-26-

CHAPTER 26 | MYSTERIOUS LADY

Ylva's P.O.V

Everything felt like a blur.  My emotions ran wild, leaving my mind in disarray. How could Tasha do that to her own family?

It wasn't his fault he was born with a white wolf. Pyro has been keeping her hidden as best as he could. Only the other hand, she has always been jealous of him when it comes to his wolf.

I begin to notice the small things that happen in the past when it comes to Tasha towards Pyro. Like how she would roll her eyes when my mother would explain to Pyro how much an honor it was to have a white wolf. Every time we talk about his white wolf, Tasha would have to say something that was far from being encouraging.

After this, I knew from this moment that I would have to keep a close eye on her. I know all too well that Tasha's envy can turn to hate, then there is no telling what she would do. She may even go as far as to expose him.

Walking up the driveway, I notice the on the blinds in Pyro's room opening and closing rapidly with him nowhere in sight. I had a bad gut feeling that something is could be wrong.

Without thinking twice, I ran the rest of the way to the front door. I swung the door open, making it hit the wall behind it.

"What's going on," my father rush into the foyer with my brothers in tow "Ylva, what's wrong?"

It only took me a second to realize that they were watching spots. But everything looked okay. They look at me as if I was crazy before returning to the living room.

"Where is Tasha?" my father asked before turning his attention back to the television.

"She still running, I guess," I didn't care where she was. She was the least of my worries. "What's wrong with upstairs blinds?"

"What you mean," my father asks curiously, standing back up from his seat, "what's wrong with them?"

"The upstairs blinds-"

Before I could finish my sentence, the sound of something crashing echo from upstairs.

"What the heck was that," my mother asked as she rushes into the living room with a mixing bowl in hand.

Before any of us could answer her, another wave of noises of things breaking filled the silence as an unusual smell filled the air. Though the scent was faint, it slowly got stronger with each passing second. I had this feeling that I smelt this scent before but couldn't put a finger on where.

"Pyro," my mother gasped as she dropped the bowl and ran towards the stairs.

Everyone else immediately follows after her.

There was a drop in the temperature as we reached the second floor. I could feel the temperature dropping as we walk down the hall. The closer we got to Pyro's room, the colder it got.