Chapter 5: Workin'

Chapter 5

                                                                                        Workin'

--------------------------------------
Cyn

When we walked back into the house, August lead me to the kitchen and instructed that I take a seat on one of the stools at the island, while he walked around to the other side leaning on the island. Not gonna lie, I'm pretty nervous about just hanging out with him, so when he invited me in to eat I was very hesitant. Its not that I'm scared of August or anything it's more so that I didn't want to seem unprofessional, or that I wanted to do anything more than my job.

"So what was that Lil music you was gettin' to earlier?" He asked

I laughed a little embarrassed that he had even caught me dancing in the first place. Considering he had told me he'd be gone for most of the day I didn't think he'd be back so soon, and got a bit bored by myself after the workers had left. So I assumed I could get away with a little music until he had shown up.

"Just some Mexican music I used to listen to when I was younger." I shrugged.

He nodded pulling at his chin hair while he looked over at me as if he was trying' to figure something out.

"So you part Mexican or somethin'?" He finally asked.

"No. My mom just has a real obsession with Mexican culture ever since she lived in Mexico for like a year, a while back. Ever since then its been all about Spanish music and Mexican food."

"Damn, haha. Well I guess thats what's up." He smiled.

I nodded getting nervous all over again as a silence fell over us.

"Well lemme go order this damn pizza right quick." He stated pulling his phone out his shorts pocket.

I nodded as he began to call whatever pizza place. In the mean time I took the liberty to wipe the crumbs off of the counter that had been bugging me since I sat down.

"Yea, lemme get a large pepperoni pizza plea'. You like pepperoni right?" He asked looking over at me.

I nodded before he went back to his call.

"Okay, and lemme get a box of those uh, cinnamon sticks shit." He smiled pulling his chin hair again.

I laughed a little at his constant use of profanity, making him turn towards me wit' a confused expression on his face. I waved him off continuing to laugh. He just shook his head before ending his call.

"Yea that's correct. Yup and that orda is foe 5673, Hummingbird Way. Yup. Thank Yuh." He concluded sliding his phone back in his pocket, and giving me his undivided attention.

"So dat shit oughta be hea' in forty minutes. In the mean time you can come upstairs wit' me to watch TV since y'all doin'  the livin' room an what not."

"You sure. I really don't want to be a bother or anything I--"

"Man bring yo ass upstairs." He chuckled grabbing my hand again and making me follow him up the steps.

I followed slowly once again growing nervous. I know it was just watching TV, but it was watching TV, in his room. That was pretty serious, and I almost declined considering that was the most unprofessional thing ever, but he keeps insisting on things so who am I to deny him?

Once we got to the guest room that he was staying in while we remodeled his room, he let go of my hand before heading for his dresser.

"Lemme get a new shirt, an go take a piss and then we can pop a movie in or some shit like that." He stated walking into his bathroom.