Chapter 24: Changes

Chapter 24

                                                                                       Changes

---------------------------------------

"Fuck!" I heard someone yell.

I immediately shot up and got off of the bed, but as soon as I did I sat right back down. The soreness that came through me from that little bit of movement caught me completely off guard. The way Aug had put it down last night though, made this soreness inevitable.

I attempted to get up once again and headed out of the bedroom very slowly. The limp I was sporting was putting me at a big disadvantage right now. Once I got into the kitchen August was picking up some glass off of the floor from what looked to be one of my bowls.

"Get the broom." I stated limping over to the basement door and grabbing the broom from the top of the stairwell.

When I turned around August was standing up right with a smirk on his face. I mugged him and shoved the broom towards him.

"Its not funny August!" I laughed , limping over towards the counter and hopping up on it.

The cold from the counter caught me off guard since I had only been wearing my underwear and Aug's T-shirt.

"It is baybeh. Put that pimp limp on yo ass." He chuckled sweeping all of the glass into the dust pan and walked over to the trash to dump it.

I shook my head as he put the broom back in its place and walked over towards me standing in between my legs. His hands rested on my lower back while mines snaked around to the back of his neck to play in his hair. I like this morning after bomb love making, feeling. There was no doubt that August had put it down last night, I mean that was a whole different euphoric type of feeling. He was not playing when he said he wanted to make love to me, because that's just what had happened. I don't believe that you have to be in love to make love, but last night opened my eyes to a lot and maybe even to the thought that I might care about August a little more than I thought. We barely got one and other down pack, but its just something about us together that makes me feel comforted and the happiest I've been in a while. Sure there's a lot of tension from all of my outside problems, and me not being completely honest with him, but at the end of the day we've been there for one and other and he's been there and put himself in all of my crap. That alone means the world to me and makes me feel something more past caring for him.

"Why you lookin' at me like that baybeh?" August questioned as he ran his thumb across my bottom lip.

"Like what?"

"Like you ready ta eat a nigga up or some shit." He chuckled.

"I am not looking at you like that." I laughed trying to get down, but he wouldn't let me.

"Yea you was. Now what was you finna go do?"

"To brush my teeth. Thanks to you breaking stuff I didn't have time to do that."

"Aye don't get smart. I'll take yo ass back in that room an--"

"Nope stop. Don't tempt me, I have stuff to do today and you will not have me distracted." I laughed finally pushing him back and jumping off of the counter.

I walked away, but he wrapped his arms around my waist and laid his chin on my shoulder making the walk back to the room a struggle. When we walked into the bathroom he got to kissing on my neck making me weak all over again.