Chapter 26: Other Half

Chapter 26

                                   Other Half

-----------------------------------------
Cyn
-Five days later-

Since Aug and I have resolved things everything has been really good. He hasn't been questioning me and no one from the past has been popping up or anything. Media is still slightly on our case about the nonexistent love triangle, but Kyle and Rita have been handling everything pretty well and today I was allowed to go back to Aug's house to finish working on it again. I left so much undone and I really just wanted to get the house finished.

When I pulled up there was another car in the driveway that wasn't one of Aug's, it was a little suspicious and I wanted to know who it was, but soon figured out when 'CBREEZE5' was on the license plate. I laughed at the cheesy idea but went ahead to grab the key from under the brick and unlock the door, pulling all of my supplies in after. Once I closed the door, the house was pretty quiet other than some muffled voices from down the hall that lead to the studio. I pulled all my supplies upstairs and into the master bedroom before leaving and going down to the studio. I knocked twice and waited for someone to answer. After a little bit Chris had came to the door opening it for me.

"Hey C, what you doin' here?" He smiled opening up the door wider for me to step in.

"Came to work on the house. Just wanted to let y'all know I was here." I shrugged.

"Hey baybeh!" August yelled from inside of the booth.

I laughed and waved at him through the glass. I watched as he sat the headphones on the mic stand before walking out and over to me.

"What you doin' hea'?" He questioned after pecking me on the lips.

"Came to work on the house. What are y'all doin' in here?" I asked.

He smiled and pulled me over to the control board letting me sit down in one of the rolling chairs before pressing a few buttons. Soon there was music playing and Aug was singing. It sounded amazing and I found myself swaying to the beat. He cut it off after about a minute and spun me around to face him.

"Thats what I'm workin' on right nah." He smiled.

I returned the smile and pulled his face down to mine to kiss him again.

"I love it. It sounds dope already."

"Thank you ma. So how long you gone be hea' today?" He questioned looking down at me.

"Probably 'til about five. Gotta go to dinner at mama's house."

He nodded pulllin' on his chin hair as I stood up ready to get to work.

"Can I come? A nigga ain't got nothin' ta eat hea'." He frowned.

I laughed at him and nodded as I headed for the door.

"I'll see what I can do!" I yelled over my shoulder before leaving out.

------------------------------------------------

After about three hours of working on the room it was just about complete. I had one important piece I was going to come by and place in the room before surprising August with the new finished master piece. It was important to me and personal for him so I hope he doesn't think I'm over stepping any boundary by getting it made.

"Baybeh!" I heard August sing from somewhere outside the door. It had sounded like he was far away, but getting closer so I assume he's coming up the stairs.