Chapter 17: Closer & Closer

Chapter 17

                                                                                  Closer & Closer

------------------------------------------
Cyn
-Monday-

"Yea, just set them up in my office, I'm literally pulling in to my parking spot." I spoke to Courtney.

"Okay will do." She finalized.

I hung up the phone and set it in my purse as I put my car in park and grabbed my work bag and purse before jumping out and heading for my office building. I had gotten up a little later than usual this morning considering August and I were up all last night on the phone talking about how he was leaving to go back to NOLA  for a few days to check up on his nieces, since they wouldn't be coming down for his album release weekend like the rest of his family was. From our conversation last night I could definitely tell he was excited about not only the album, but his family coming. His excitement jumped to me just from hearing how highly he spoke about his family. It was so sweet, but now because of our long ass talk last night I done woke up late and was walking in late for a meeting I had scheduled over the weekend.

"Good morning Court." I smiled as I walked in and immediately headed for the mail on her desk top.

"Morning Cyntheia. Um you also got another delivery today." She beamed once I finally looked up at her.

She turned around and bent down behind her chair before coming back up with a bouquet of assorted flowers. I instantly started smiling at the sight as she sat them on the counter top.

"Who are these from?" I smiled knowingly.

It had to be Aug's ass, but I just like being extra.

"I don't know, I didn't want to check the card and invade on your personal stuff." She explained.

I nodded and grabbed the card out of the bouquet before reading it.

'Really need to catch up soon, here's my number.  xxx-xxx-xxxx -Jay'

I read over the card a few good times. I know damn well he hadn't sent me flowers. Why would he do this, why now? Just days after D telling me that he may be on to us, a bouquet of flowers shows up with a card claiming his need for me to meet up with him? Shit was too suspect so I hope he really didn't think he'd be getting a call from me any time soon.

"You okay Cyntheia? You don't look too good." Courtney questioned.

"Yea I'm fine. My clients are setup in there right?"

"Yea. "

I nodded and crumbled up the paper before heading back to my office.

I don't know what little plan Jayceon had in mind, but if he wanted to play games, I'm a big girl now and I'm ready for whatever bull he's got coming for me.

------------------------------------------------

After being at the office for a few hours I was getting restless. Sadly today was just one of those days where I had no spaces to work on and it was killing me, not to mention I wanted to go to sleep as well, but I was just going to attempt to busy myself. Really I needed to call Dante and inform him on Jay's little recent present to me, but It probably be a waste of both his and I's time. What would I even call and tell him? He sent me some flowers he's going to get us? Although the little gift was suspect It didn't make sense.