Chapter 21 (Pt.2): Secrets and Plans

Chapter 21 (pt.2)

Secrets and Plans

-----------------------------------------

"Y'all betta get to damn hands off of them right nah or I'm emptyin' the clip on the rest of y'all!" I heard someone bellow.

The man who was punching me slowly rose off of me with his hands up in surrender along with one of the men who had jumped August. The tall man who was talkin' all that stuff from earlier was laying on the ground clutching his arm and that's when I realized he was the one who had been shot.

"Baybeh, baybeh you alright?" August asked frantically as he helped me off of the ground.

As he was pulling me up I winced in pain from the soreness that had already accumulated from ole dudes punches.

"Yea I'm fine." I assured.

"Back the fuck up little niggas. If I see you again Imma really fuck y'all all up."

I looked up to see it was Chi-town who had said that. He was making his way across the street from his truck over to us. I have never been so grateful to see him.

"Chi?" I questioned as I limped a little faster to meet him in the middle of the street.

"Hey baby girl. Come on let's get y'all up outta here." He stated pulling both August and I towards his truck.

We all climbed inside and Chi pulled off bringing us back around the corner to the escalade. He parked beside it and turned around in his seat to look at both Aug and I.

"What the hell was yo ass doin' outchea Cyntheia?" He asked with a frown.

I sighed knowing that he'd be upset with me. Chi-town already didn't like the fact that I had to come back here to pay Pop's ass every several months, so finding me out here late at night in a fight was probably pissing him off.

"I came to show August where I used to live. " I shrugged.

Chi's 'bout the closest thing I have to a father after mine had left so disappointing him was not on my agenda.

"Well that was dumb. You ain't gotta show him shit out here, ain't shit to show. Y'all better be lucky I was even on this side of town. Those niggas love pickin' wit' somebody." He shook his head.

"I know and I'm sorry. I didn't actually think this through. Thanks for helping us though." I smiled.

He shook his head chuckling at me before leaning some ways back and pulling me into a quick hug.

"Yea, yea whatever. You know I do anything for my God baby. Nah y'all get up outta here, and I don't wanna see you back here until your final payment." He pointed.

I gulped nodding. I wish he wouldn't have said that, 'cause I know August is going to ask me about that. I nodded and opened the car door leaving out. I turned to see that August wasn't following, he was still sitting in the truck.

"Aug you comin'?" I questioned confused.

"Yea I'm comin'. He jus' wanna holla at me right quick. Go wait in the truck." He explained.

I nodded and headed to the passenger side of the escalade and slid in. I sighed dragging a hand down my face. We were only a few seconds away from being shot tonight all because of me allowing us to come out here. I should have just told him no and that we shouldn't go on this side of town, especially at this time of night. It was all just a dumb ass idea. I can't help but to think though, that somebody is watching over Aug and I, because what was the likely hood of Chi-town driving on this side of town at the same time that we were? It all was surreal and if the guardian angel I'm thinking about is really looking over us, then we'll be in good hands at all times.