Chapter 23: All's Fair in Love & War

Chapter 23

                                                                            All's Fair in Love & War

-------------------------------------------

After Jay left I was shaking and just crying uncontrollably. I was just so angry from everything that he had told me. All these years I thought it was his fault, I mean it still partially is, but its the fact that Pop was the true culprit behind it, the real reason I lost a part of me. An with that new found information I had called Dante and he was now sitting in front of me at the house.

"So what's up C? There hasn't been anything to report about Game. I think he let the man that was looking into everything go anyways so we might be straight, but I'll still keep an eye on everything." He stated.

"Nah D, that's not what I wanted to talk about. So I spoke with Jay today and he gave me some information." I began.

D looked surprise at my words, but nodded for me to continue.

"He told me that Pop was actually the one who ran Malik and I off the road." I sighed.

"Damn you for real C?"

"Dead serious. I wish I was lying though D."

I felt like crying again, but It was only going to cause another head ache and I was already beyond exhausted today. I couldn't keep crying over the shit that's happened to me, I had to start taking action and Pop was on the top of my to do list.

"Man C, that shits crazy. That nigga is a straight snake an he ion't even give a fuck 'bout nobody's life anymore."

"Has he ever gave a fuck about anyone's life?" I asked sarcastically.

"Once upon a time C, he cared about you." He reminded me as he pointed towards me.

I shook my head just thinking about that time in my life. Pop had really been in love with me for a period in time and would probably do anything for me, except give up his lifestyle, and that's why I couldn't take whatever we had seriously. But ever since I left him high and dry he's been pissy with me and through all types of stuff that wasn't even necessary on me like this bill, but to purposefully kill my child? That was low and showed that his jealousy stemmed way farther than what I'd be able to comprehend.

"Yea once upon a time. But look D I need your help." I stated seriously.

"Iight what's up?"

"I need you to setup Pop for me."

-------------------------------------------------
August

"Come on Aug, the faster you get dressed the quicker we can get this over with!" Rita yelled from outside the bathroom doe.

"Man Ri ain't nobody trynna be on time foe dat nigga, he can wait." I tol' her as I got ta walkin' out the bathroom.

She looked me ova seein' that I aint have a shirt on an shook her head. Oh well. A nigga really don't care whether or not that nigga wait foe ten minutes or a damn hour, ion't care.

"No he's not going to wait for you all day August. Get your shirt on so we can leave!" She stressed.

I laughed grabbin' her shouldas ta keep her ass in place , 'cause all that walkin' back an forth shit gettin' annoyin' ta watch.

"Aye, calm yo ass down. I'll get my shit on, but imma call Cyn befoe I get up outta hea'. "

"Fine. Do what you must, but please do it quickly. I'll be in the kitchen." She huffed stompin' off.