Chapter Twenty-Three: Bye Bye.

The days were slow, and I barely got enough sleep at night.

The distinct hospital smell that made my stomach do constant flips the first day I got here, now is just another scent I have become used to. I feel like my brain is constantly rotting by staring at the white walls of the room.

I don't know how many people have visited. Honestly, I can't remember most of the people who did, but I know that Ashton wasn't here. I'm positive.

I don't know what Greyson does everyday. I don't ask him. I don't really ask anyone anything. I just stare. What's the use of talking if you aren't even gonna be heard? I don't know.

The first few days Greyson never left. He sat beside me and held my hand. He made sure I always had food when I was hungry and watched the door incase Liam came. I finally had enough and made Tyler come get him and take him home. He had Alpha duties, and I was not going to let him stay here and be my guard dog.

He comes back to the hospital everynight. He kisses my forehead before I go to sleep and holds my hand all night. Then, he leaves early the next morning and repeats the process everyday.

I couldn't help but feel bitter the entire time he was gone. He was the one thing that almost held me together, and when he was gone I seemed to fall apart a little. I managed to use what little hope I had to tape myself back together everyday before he came back, though.

The room was dark as I heard a the door knob turn slighlty. Over the past week or so, I had finally gotten enough strength to move like a normal person. That's all I was I guess, a normal person.

The door opened, and Greyson lazily entered the room. He quietly walked over to the bed; his heavy boots pounding against the hospital floor as he did so. My gaze never left his tired figure as he leaned over the bed and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight," he practically yawned out as he took my hand in his and sat down in the chair beside my bed. I didn't answer him, as usual. I just fell asleep to the sound of his light snores beside me.

My fingers gripped the silver knife. I cried out in pain as I did so. Not physical pain, but emotional. There was no pain at all. The silver did not burn my skin. It simply felt cool like metal.

I panicked and quickly threw the knife down on the ground. I picked up an herb that should have had me screaming in pain. Nothing. The wolfsbane did nothing. It was as safe as picking a daisy.

"No. No. No." I chanted as I quickly rubbed the wolfsbane on my arm expecting to feel something, anything. Nada. I threw the herb down and grabbed the knife, again. I tried to smack the blade into the palm of my hand, but the blade snapped in half and fell to the ground.

"What? No!" I cried out as I got down on my knees to pick up the sliver blade, again. Once the silver was in my hand, though, it crumbled. The once full blade was now a handful of sand.

I screamed and shook the sand out of my hands.

"You deserve this." I heard a voice say. My head shot over to the source, and I cried out as Ashton held gun to my head.

"Ashton, please! Help me!" I cried. An evil smirk spread across his face. The gun lifted slightly above my head. I spun around to find myself. Only I was much younger, but it wasn't really me. It was a reflection. I was staring at myself in the mirror. I looked down as my small, ten year old body came into view.

"Ashton, what's happening?" I cried out and turned around expecting to find Ashton, but found myself once again. I wished so badly for it to be a reflection, but it wasn't. It was a monster. It was all the bad parts of me.

I don't know how to describe what was happening. The girl who was myself glared menacingly at me. I cowered away from the gun that was being pointed at me and raised my hands shyly. Tears escaped down my cheeks.

"Just let me live! Please!" I pleaded. The evil side of me laughed and clutched the gun tighter.

"No more good Alex. Just bad." Was her evil reply. Her finger squeezed the trigger and all I could do was scream.

My body joltled forward. I had a hard time seeming to catch my breath. My head hurt, and my cheeks were wet with tears.

I squeezed Greyson's hand and felt at ease with familiar tingling sensation. He stirred slightly in his sleep, but thankfully did not awaken. I laid back in the bed as anger consumed me.

I just felt extremely pissed. I just felt angry with the world.

I shook the thoughts of my dream out of my head. Maybe it was the dream that angered me? It just reminded me of how I no longer had the one thing I needed most.

My wolf.

Maybe it was trying to rub in the fact that everyday that I'm in here, I'm losing my good side to my bad side. I was losing the only thing I had left of me ever since my wolf left.

My eyes shot to the door when the knob twisted slightly. My eyes widened. I slowly laid my body back down and closed my eyes as the door opened, and someone walked in. If I had my wolf, I'd be able to recognize the scent most likely, but when the voice began to talk I knew who it was immediately.

"Karissa is fine. She's safe with me. As for Liam, he doesn't think I know what is going on. He thinks I'm dumb. He thinks I let my anger cloud what is really in front of me. He thinks I'm like you," Ashton said quietly. I wasn't sure if he thought I was awake or not, but he kept talking anyway.

"I don't know why I keep coming here when you're asleep. Maybe it's because I'm too scared of you to actually talk to you when you're awake." He sucked in a deep breath, and then continued. "I want to hate you. I want to hate you so bad, but I can't. I love you, Alex. Too bad you're always asleep when I tell you, though." My heart clenched at his words. He wanted to hate me?

I heard him exit from the room and the door shut. I clenched my teeth together in anger. He wanted to hate me. That was when the tape that had managed to bind me together finally snapped. Everything collapsed.

I wanted out of this bed, this room, this hospital, and I wanted Liam dead.

_________

Woah. New chapter.

So I took some major time getting my shit together and finally came to the conclusion that this is my book and im gonna finish it strong and in a great way.

I specifically like this chapter. I don't know why, but it might be because we finally get back into that cold Alex sense?

And that dream though.

Anyone get the metaphor in it? I think it was a metaphor...maybe just a message. lol

Okay so I hope you all love this chapter bc I worked hard on it and I updated quickly!

And there will probably be a lot more Ashton and a lot more Liam in these next chapters, but don't worry, you'll still be getting your daily dose of Alex and Greyson.

Oh and Riley. Can't forget Riles.

Follow me on instagram: alexnrecupero

mkay bye.