Chapter Thirty-Four: Cut Them All

Light music played in the background as people clinked glasses of wine together and laughed in their fancy clothes. I felt slightly awkward in this environment. I tattered on my feet awkwardly in my converse as I looked around.

Greyson's thumb ran over the back of my hand as he held it. A part of me wanted to rip my hand out of his. I knew I was going against everything he ever wanted. I was just charging into my own suicide, but I didn't care.

My eyes followed from one person to another. They were so oblivious. Although there were so many people to watch, I didn't find the person I wanted to find before he found me.

"You look rather ravishing, darling." Liam's voice rang out. I was startled as I made an abrupt turn to look at him. Greyson gripped my hand even tighter and pulled me closer to him. That was the only thing keeping me from ripping Liam's arms off right now. "Where's that baby brother of your's and his rather dashing mate?"

"Far away from you." I snapped at him. He just rolled his eyes and snatched a drink from a waiter walking by.

"You really think your pack house is far away?" He asked in amused tone as he sipped the drink. I shrugged.

"Far enough. After your little threat, Karissa will never be far enough away from you." He raised his eyebrows and watched me. Then, a laugh escaped his lips.

"I see. Well, enjoy the party." He said as she began walking away, but then stopped. He turned and grinned at me. "Nice dress by the way." And with that, he disappeared into the crowds of partiers.

"I'm gonna kill him." I hissed between clenched teeth. Greyson gave my hand a squeeze.

"He'll kill you first if you try, so no. You're not." He said lowly. I hate when he talked to me like that; like another pack member. He thinks I'll listen.

I jerked my hand out of his and stormed over to an empty table. I already knew Greyson would be following. As I sat down, I scanned the area for Liam. I wonder how quickly I could escape if I threw a fork at the back of his head.

Greyson sat at the table across from me. A worried expression on his face. He knew exactly what was going on.

"Do you know how to listen?" He asked. I crossed my arms and leaned forward.

"I am listening. I'm just not caring." I said lowly as a scanned the area once again. He groaned and sat back in his chair.

"Look at it this way, you kill him here you're getting caught. So, what's the point?" He asked. I narrowed my eyes at him and let out a big breath.

"I hate when you're right." I said angrily as I pretended to act like I had given up. I'd rather Liam and I both dead and Karissa safe than Liam alive and Karissa constantly in danger. "I just want him dead." He gave me a sad smile and reached for my hands from across the table.

"I'll make sure of it, but not now." He said and then stood up. "I'll be back. Going to speak to some of the alphas. Will you be alright?" I nodded sweetly, but with an expression that showed that I was annoyed. From his point of view, he probably thought I was annoyed because he had proved me wrong when in all honesty, I was annoyed because he thought he had so much power over me.

He left the table without another word. I sat there for a moment before standing. I wasn't just going to sit here.

I wandered around the large party hall avoiding Greyson as best as I could. I knew what I wanted to do. Werewolf or not, Liam isn't indestructible. I can kill him even if I must kill my selfie the process. I refuse to have my brother, my best friend, and my mate in danger.