Chapter Five: I Set Butterflies On Fire

One minute I'm getting my books out of my locker, and the next I'm choking Mariah up against a wall. Today hasn't been my day.

It's Friday and that means I have to be moved in with Greyson soon. Before Saturday night.

I had barely gotten any sleep because after Riley and I were done talking I couldn't stop thinking about what I said I'd do. Why would I agree to give Greyson a chance? He's nothing but trouble.

Then, when I woke up I wasn't in the best mood either.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

It was mocking me. I got angry after about five minutes of this and grabbed the clock and squeezed it in my hand until it crumbled to the floor in small pieces. It was easy considering the extra strength werewolves had. I sighed and just laid my head down and decided to sleep for a few more minutes. I had two hours. I'd be fine.

"Alex! Alex! Wake up! We have ten minutes!" My whole body jolted up as I grabbed the arms that were shaking me and flung the person across the room.

I ran over to the person and immediately felt bad.

"Sorry, Dylan," I said as I helped him stand up.

"Geez. Ten minutes, Alex," he groaned as he rubbed his head and walked out. Ten minutes?

I ran over to my clothes and pulled out a pair of jeans and a plain black tee shirt. Then, I hurriedly put on some socks since I slept in a bra and slipped on my combat boots. I ran over to my makeup and skipped the foundation and just put on some eyeliner and my mascara and ran downstairs.

"Alex! Your hair!" Gabby squealed and ran over and started messing with it. After a few minutes, she pulled away and I felt it. It was done in a neat French braid.

"You don't have time for breakfast. We're already late," Shane said as he exited the room and Gabby followed.

We all ran out of the house and piled into mine and Shane's cars. Gabby, Austin, and Dylan went with Shane while I took Karissa and Shawn.

"Oh my god! Slow down!" Karissa screamed in my ear as I weaved my way through the slow drivers.

"We are already late! Just shut up!" I yelled as I ran a red light and nearly caused a collision.

"Alex! Shane's gonna kill us!" Shawn shouted as he tightened the seatbelt even tighter to himself. I scoffed and rolled my eyes as I made a sharp turn that made a loud squeal come out of Shawn and Karissa.

"I can't be late again!" I said, panicked. This would be my thirteenth time this year. I can't be tardy again, or I'd be in a lot of trouble.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Karissa said as I swerved some more. Everyone pretty much knew Karissa never had the strongest stomach.

I made a sharp turn into the school parking lot which sent Karissa and Shawn slamming into eachother. I looked behind me as I slammed on the brakes to see them squished against each other as they were both pushed up against the left door.

"Come on guys! We only have-" I looked down at my phone and about had a heart attack. "-less than a minute! Holy-!" I exclaimed as slammed the car door open.

I ran towards the big door and put both of my hands on it, but fell back when it didn't open. Locked. What the? There's like thirty seconds!

I stood up and took a few steps back and then ran. I used my side and launched myself at the door. It fell down as did I and made a loud crash on the floor. You'd think there would have been an alarm, but I guess breaking down doors was considered normal in our high school.