✰ 29 ✰

✇ 𝓗𝓪𝔃𝓶𝓪𝓽 𝓢𝓾𝓲𝓽𝓼 ✇

Brooklyn waited nervously in line with Scott, Stiles, Malia and Kira in the high school as they waited for the PSATs to start.

The Hale girl looked down the line trying to spot her strawberry blonde friend, "Where's Lydia?" she asked.

"She took it her freshman year." Stiles quickly answered.

Malia turned frustratedly to the Stilinski, "Does that mean I could have taken it some other time?" she questioned.

Scott looked at the werecoyote sincerely, "Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us."

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." she replied.

"Well..." Stiles said quietly.

"Well, what?" Malia inquired.

"It's do well, not good." Stiles told her hesitantly.

"Oh, God!" the werecoyote exclaimed.

"Don't worry, Malia, I'm failing with you." Brooklyn put in. The girl smiling gratefully at her.

Snaking his arm around Brooke's waist, Scott glanced between the two girls. "You two are doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college."

"It's only three hours." Kira reasoned, "We can survive three hours."

Brooke just gaped at her. Three hours!

The line then started filing into the classroom. Brooke walked in, picking up a pencil and stamping her thumbprint onto her paper before turning to Ms Martin.

"Cell phone in the envelope, Brooklyn. You'll get it back after the test." the teacher told her. The Hale nodded before sliding her phone into the paper.

She sat down in her seat, anxiously tapping her foot against the floor as she waited for the test to start.

The test official spoke up after a while, "Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so. This test is two hours and ten minutes. There will be two twenty five minute critical reading sections, two twenty five minute math sections and an essay writing portion that will last thirty minutes."

The more he spoke the more Brooke's nerves skyrocketed. She bit her lip, clutching her pencil as her stomach grew tight. She didn't know all that much because of the many school years she missed. She was only thankful she hadn't missed as much as Malia.

"There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam." the test official stated, turning to Ms Martin.

"I know." the woman replied, "It's coach. He's not exactly punctual. Um, let me just try him again." She picked up her phone, popping out of the class room.

Brooke's eyes found Scott's chocolate ones from across the class. He sent her a supportive smile and she sent him one back.

Ms Martin came back in, an apologetic look adorning her face. "I can't find him, but Mr Yukimura is upstairs grading papers. Do you want me to try him?" she asked the test official.

"We have to start." he stated, "We can ask for his assistance during the first break." Ms Martin nodded. He started his watch, "You may now open your test booklets and begin."

Brooklyn opened her paper, smiling to herself when she answered the first question easily. However, her smiled soon dropped when she blinked dumbly at question two.

Her eyes wandered enviously over to Stiles as she watched him answer both sides of the paper at the same time, holding a pencil in both hands with an extra one in his mouth. The Hale sighed, looking back to her paper, doing the best she could.