✰ 20 ✰

❸ 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ❸

Following behind Scott and Lydia, Brooke walked into the animal clinic. "Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped." Scott told Deaton.

Mr Argent has shown up shortly after his daughter passed away and he'd made the group of teenagers go to the police station and lie about what happened. But no one really spoke all that much, they were too distraught.

Stiles and Kira, though, had gone back to the kitsune's house to keep Stiles safe. There they found out the information about Nemeton and sent the others to go ask Deaton about what he knew.

"The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton explained.

"The shape of my best friend." Scott added.

"Some one caught it once." Lydia mentioned, "Some one can do it again, right?"

"I don't know." Deaton responded unhelpfully. "This thing was trapped a long time ago, before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore."

"Is there anything that does?" the strawberry blonde asked.

Deaton sighed, "Possibly. When the tree was whole, it's wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare."

"Wait a second. Powerful objects?" they all looked at Brooklyn expectantly, "Like an Alpha's claws?"

"Which Alpha?" Deaton inquired.

"My Grandmother." Brooke said. Deaton nodded looking for the Hale girl to continue, "Dad has them in this wooden box with a triskele carved on the lid. What if it was made from the Nemeton?"

"It was." the veterinarian stated.

Scott turned his head from Brooke to his boss, "How do you know?"

"Because I made it." Deaton confessed.

Brooklyn pulled out her phone and dialled her father's number. He picked up and she explained everything thing to him. She hung up and turned back to the other three people in the room, "Dad's got the triskele box. He's gonna meet us."

They all nodded but Lydia stumbled backwards before catching herself. "What's wrong?" Deaton asked.

"Something's happening. I had this sudden rushing feeling, like we're running out of time."

"Yeah." they all turned their heads to the doorway at the sound of Stiles' voice. He stood there an arm around Kira's shoulder for support. "Yeah, I kind of got that feeling too."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

The group - minus Deaton - pulled up at the school once again in Stiles' jeep. They all made their way to front doors with Lydia supporting a very weak Stiles.

Just as Scott was about to go through the entrance, his best friend's voice halted him. "Scott, hold on. I know what you're all thinking. If this works, it might kill me, too. But even if it does, you have to go through with it. Stick with the plan, okay?"

"The plan is to save you." Scott told him, "That's the plan I'm going with." Stiles hesitantly nodded so the Alpha pushed open the metal doors.

However, they didn't walk into a high school. They walked into a winter wonderland looking place. How? Brooklyn had no clue.

They all peered around confusedly before the door slammed shut behind them, shocking them. "Oh, this is definitely not part of the plan." Stiles commented. His pale skin nearly blending in with the snowy scenery.