✰ 28 ✰

⅔ 𝓣𝔀𝓸 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓭𝓼 ⅔

Brooklyn Hale made her way through the crowd of people towards the players' bench where her boyfriend sat. It was now early evening and there were many people on the school's field getting ready to watch the lacrosse game.

She sat down next to Scott on the bench, the boy looking up from his shoes once he noticed her presence. "Hey." he said, a small smile resting on his face. The girl greeted him back.

She motioned her head to Garrett, "Shouldn't we be doing something about him?" she asked.

The group had worked out earlier that it was mostly him who had stabbed Carrie and killed Demarco because 1. he was on the lacrosse team and brought his own stick and 2. he was the one to pay for the keg at Lydia's 'party'.

She also found out that the boy she may or may not have called a prick earlier was named Brett. And him and Liam didn't not get along. At all.

"I mean, we can't. We're still not really sure if it's really him. And if we're wrong, then the real assassin gets away." Scott told her.

Brooke huffed, crossing her arms. She then glanced worriedly at Scott as he strapped on his gloves. She gently grabbed his arm so that he looked at her. "Just, be careful, okay?" she said to him.

Scott smiled at her concern for him, "I'll be fine." He took one of her hands in his gloves ones to try and ease her nerves.

The healer narrowed her eyes at him. "Don't die on me, McCall." she spoke after a moment or two.

"I'll try my best, Hale." he responded. Brooke placed a hand on his face, bringing her lips to his for a sweet kiss.

"Let's go, come on!" Coach shouted making the pair jump.

"I better go." Brooke mumbled. Scott nodded, squeezing her hand one last time and watching her as she walked off to the bleachers.

The Hale girl sat by herself, not really in the mood to hold a conversation as she watched this game unfold that was most likely going to go horribly wrong in some way.

As the game began it was very clear that there was a lot of tension between the two sides with the way every player was tense and extremely alert.

A few minutes in and Devenford Prep had already scored once. The team celebrated in the public school athletes' faces making the already annoyed team more angry.

Quite quickly, the private school team scored again and Liam had been knocked down by two of the players in the process. The person who scored being the one and only Brett, who turned around to gloat with a smug smirk.

Liam, extremely angrily, flung of his helmet and gloves and charged at the cocky boy. Brooke shifted in her seat nervously at the murderous look on the beta's face.

Thankfully, Scott and Stiles grabbed Liam before he could do any damage. The other team seeming to find his anger amusing. Yet, Liam calmed down surprisingly fast and put his gear back on.

The game resumed, Stiles snatched the ball from the middle of the field before the other team's player could. There was no doubt in Brooke's mind that he'd talked that player's ear off.

He threw the ball to Kira, who caught it with her stick. After some motivation, she ran, dodging and swerving past the players of the other team without having to stop or come into contact with one.

As she neared the goal she did a graceful twirl in the air sending the ball straight into the net. The crowd erupted in cheers, Brooklyn's especially loud as Kira ran to celebrate with Scott and Stiles on the pitch, a humongous smile on her face.