✰ 35 ✰

▹ 𝓑𝓸𝓽𝓱 𝓖𝓸𝓷𝓮 ▹

Derek pushed the sports duffle bag full of money across the coffee table and looked up at Scott. The McCall boy had come over to the loft and confessed to the two Hales that he'd kept some of the stolen money.

"Okay." Derek told him nonchalantly.

The nervous, fidgeting McCall seemed stunned. "Don't you wanna know why it took so long to return it?" Scott asked. His eyes were unsurely glancing to Brooke every few seconds thinking that she was going to hate him after this.

"How much do you make at the Animal Clinic?" the Hale boy questioned.

"Minimum wage." Scott responded.

Brooklyn shrugged, "That's why." she told him. She could tell that Scott was worried about her reaction to this but she didn't mind. She'd heard about the McCall's money trouble when they were in the vault so she didn't blame him.

"Everyone can be tempted, Scott. Even a True Alpha." Derek added.

"You're not angry?" Scott all but exclaimed, his question mostly directed to the Hale girl.

"It's not even ours. It belongs to Peter." Brooklyn informed him.

"Where's your money?" the McCall inquired curiously.

"You're standing on it." Derek replied.

Scott glanced down at his feet then back up at the Hales with a look of astonishment. "There's another vault?" he said mesmerised.

"No." Brooke laughed, his expression making her crack up.

Derek chuckled too, telling the Alpha, "I own the building. And we've got bank accounts. All the money from the vault was Peter's."

"I think we'd actually be better off if the rest never came back. That way we won't have to see the douche parade around in a fancy sports car or something." Brooklyn stated.

The two Hales stood up and Derek zipped up the red duffle bag. Scott had this look on his face that made the Hale boy urge him to say what he had to say.

"I know Lydia was here last night." Scott told them.

Last night, Brooklyn was rudely awakened by the sound of the alarm going off and when Derek, Braeden and her opened the door with their guns up, they'd found a screaming Lydia on the other side.
Because of this she'd also found out about Derek and Braeden. Her father and Braeden. Whilst she was happy that her dad was happy, she really did not need to see them both in their underwear together.

Scott continued, "Deaton's still working on figuring out what Kate did to you. If anyone can find an answer, it's him."

✄ ✄ ✄ ✄ ✄

Wrapped up in many layers, Brooklyn made her way down to the players' bench where Stiles and Liam sat. She sat down next to them, ignoring the dirty look she was getting from coach. "Where's Scott? And Kira?" Brooke asked the two boys.

"There gonna be a little late." Stiles answered vaguely. His hands moving around nervously, praying to any and every God possible that he wouldn't give anything away.

"Well, the game's about to start. I think they're past a little late." Brooklyn responded.

"They'll be here, okay. I'll send Scott a quick text while you go and sit with my dad and Malia." Stiles instructed her. Brooke eyed him, noticing that his normal odd behaviour was intensified. She opened her mouth to disagree when Liam cut her off.