I*

*unedited

Indeed, from the three men she truly loved, one of them was Victor.

She wasn't really sure how it had happened, for years he would sometimes slip into her mind, so  she would start to wonder how he was right now, where he was right now, and most importantly: with whom was he right now?

His eyes never left her mind, brown was never such a simple, yet complex color at the same time, and she started to appreciate it even more.

Light, medium and dark shades of brown color, adorned his irises and that unruly, curly hair.

But those prominent dimples, on each side of his cheeks, were a true cause for her mind whirling, each time they were together.

So she nicknamed him: Cheeky.

And he was, since he would always be smirking at her after something cheeky he had said, or after just lightly pulling at the ends of her hair to get her attention.

She was intricate, and he was intrigued.

But, something always found a way to stand between them, or rather someone.

Not so many people differentiated Anna Mary and Sara Jane, that much was obvious just by taking one look at Sara right now.

If Anna were to live a bit longer, their demenour would also be the same, not just their looks, she noted.

'How troublesome was it to have his sister tag along constantly,' Astrid would think, but she dared not say it in front of Victor, her mind paranoid already by the mere idea of him leaving.

It was starting to bore her, this brother-sister bond of theirs and when they would communicate, she also started to get jealous, for Victor had a bond with his sister, which she hoped Ivan would have with her.

With that in mind, it started to annoy her.

So one day, as she was leaving her apartment, ready to go shopping for groceries and then see Victor, she was a bit shocked, to say the least, when she instead stumbled upon an angry looking Sara, right there in her building hallway.

"So, Astrid," Sara began, putting her pointer and middle finger in air as she pronounced her name, and lowering them together, indicating her name was fake and that she saw through her facade, "glad to see you have returned safely and soundly in this area. As you can tell, much has since changed."

Sara expected her to be gobsmacked by this information that she had just shared with her, making her aware that Sara knew who she was, but Astrid didn't even bat an eye.

By now, Astrid knew how to manipulate her words as to not tell a single lie if she didn't want to, and yet did she want to manipulate Sara? Maybe a little bit. Teensy weensy bit.

"I do not know who you are reffering to, this is my first time living here." she spoke half the truth, which it truly was her first time living here.. at this apartment.

"Don't play that game with me. I know who you are." Sara spoke a bit more harshly, as Astrid just unlocked her apartment door, thinking it was maybe better to not deal with this silly, little thing in front of her flat.

"The most I know about you is that you are Victors sister." Astrid responded rather calmly, leaving Sara baffled for a second. Before Astrid could close her apartment door, Sara extended her hand, stopping her.

Astrid took a mental note of so many things going through Saras brain, as they both just stood there, hands on the same wooden door, one unbothered, the other bothered by a lot.

After a couple more moments of utter silence, Saras brain rapidly working to process all the things that she was currently thinking of, trying to come to a reasonable conclusion of what to do next, her head dropped a little as her eyes focused on something in Astrids other hand.

Saras eyes scanned Astrids plastic bag, which indicated her meeting with Victor once again, and the one question Sara heard herself asking over and over was:

Was she a monster?

Instead of asking that rethorical question out loud, she opted for a different approach, knowing how attached Astrid got to her brother.

"For years I have been searching for my sister, my whole family has actually. Victor was pretty hurt by her dissapeareance as well," she said while staring at Astrids eyes. "I just hoped you could answer some of my questions, so that we can both finally leave this behind us."

Silence.

Nothing else was said between the two girls, as they both waited to see which one would crack first.

Shockingly enough, it was Astrid.

Knowing that Victor was that hurt and is still in pain, she opened her door slightly, just enough to let Sara in, hoping to manipulate Sara into thinking she left after the argument.

And maybe then, Sara will not nag Victor to come with them, whenever Astrid and him would meet up.

Astrid motioned for Sara to sit on the only available couch in her living room, as she locked both of her doors, the entrance one and the hallway one, as to not have anyone else meddle in this current business she was dealing with.

She knew plenty people would eavesdrop in this foul community, rubbing their hands happily for some new gossip, so she had to be smart about this.

Taking her shoes off, placing her shopping bag on the cabinet next to her where her keys now also lay, she started: "I was just a scallywag. Mischievous kid asking for trouble."

She moved some things around and settled on the opposite couch of Sara, so that she was currently looking towards the windows, taking in the light she so desperately needed, before she could react on impulse, and make Sara gargle as well.  

She proceeded: "Phaeton complex, Electra complex, certain OCDs, unstable home environment and lack of motherly love in my early life, apparently caused me to be what I am now. Or at least, that is what they diagnosed me with when I was in an All-Girls-Home."

And for a moment, seemingly all stood still as Sara took all of that in.

Was she a monster?

__________

I was waiting on my hair to dry, so I was like: Why not just complete Boy Fanatic and then tomorrow update Bell Ringers, since I am starting with two other stories soon, ya know?