A

A year older than her, Anna Mary was Saras world.

Since their mother was too old for Sara to comprehend her in most ways, Anna was her rolemodel, her best friend with whom she shared all her secrets with.

Or with whom she used to do that.

And albeit reluctantly, eight years had passed and she came to terms with it, that her sister is long gone.

But just because she was aware of her sisters dissapearance, it does not mean she didn't sometimes dream about her sister still being there with her.

The dreams were quite beautiful, she had to admit that.

While opening her eyes, she took in the light scent of lavander and cherry tree blossoms, which meant the beginning of her dreams, as she would find herself surrounded by all shades of purple and pink, whether it be on the trees or on the ground.

Her sister was there as well, she noted every time being scared of loosing her out of her sight again, both of them wearing simple and flowy white dresses.

She seemed undecided whether to go or stay as they roamed the pink streets together, hand in hand, before coming to a hault after they were both standing at the centre of one of the bridges.

They were mesmerized by what was in front of them.

Sky was a pastel blue color, cherry trees on each side of the bridge as far as the eyes went, everything being mirrored in the gorgeous river below them while scents were being accentuated even more so by the same river, making everything seem refreshing.

They both took in big breaths, Sara closing her eyes only briefly before her hearing was being the only sense she could focus on.

The second wave of her dreams came regularly as well.

She had frequent, horrific dreams in which her sister was choking up.

Near by, on the right side of her in her dreams, her sister was having a caughing fit, as Sara quickly opened her eyes and turned towards her sister, Annas eyes still closed in all the ruckus.

No words came from either of them, Sara seemingly mute, while Anna was still choking up on air and her own spit, her hands moving rapidly asking for help in any which way she could, as her body went into shock, unable to deal with so many muscle spasms by the lack of oxygen, at once.

Eyes were blood shot, irisis spreading until her whole eyes were black as the river below them and her face as blue as the sky above, before the sky started to change colors to fit Annas face.

It was getting darker and darker as Annas movements stopped being erratic, her body slowing down, lack of oxygen supply starting to have an even bigger affect.

Sara could only watch as her sister died in front of her, her hands still grabby and desperate of help, before her body tumbled  down into the river below.

Sara was unable to catch her.

And as she came back from her nightmare, focusing on the furniture in her room and the night light that she till this day, desperately needed to fall asleep, she noticed the sweat dripping down from her face, realizing it was the sweat and her tears mixing.

Firstly, tears of joy for seeing her long lost sister after such a long time and then secondly, tears of terror as she remembered the look on her sisters face, the paleness with the blue tint on her skin which was non existent in some places, showing her muscles and bones underneath, eyes jet black.

With every passing day, it was all still very much affecting her mentally.

Being medicated did nothing, being taken into an institution also did nothing, but because she could tell how desperate her parents and her brother were, she covered up everything, not wanting her family to go through a loss of another daughter.

She had to be brave, if not for herself, at least for her family.

But maybe it was all for nothing, because when she remembered their new neighbour, the one that always seemed to watch her brother from afar, she felt something twist in her.

Unsure of what it was, she would often follow her brother intentionally, always trying to butt into his group of friends after they were all leaving school and going home.

Victor, her brother and her only remaining sibling, was now fifteen, quite the rebel and quite the sight she knew that much, so it shouldn't be strange that he was recieving a lot of looks from girls, but this neighbour was something else.

Sara could not quite put her finger on what made her different, but something was telling her to keep an eye out on her.

Victor would often comment on how bothersome Sara was becoming, but he never stopped her from coming into his friend group.

He knew she needed this, this feeling of safety and comfort after everything they all have been through and if he was being helpful to his sister in any way, he would just have to deal with it and deal with his lack of private space.

Everything for his sister.

He didn't remember much of that fretful day his other sister vanished. Sister that would have been eighteen this year.

All he did remember was a girl with whom he was running with. He remembered some brown locks and dark eyes.. and also how this girls hand felt so nice in his own.

Her hand was warm and after becoming a teen, he appreciated warmth even more.

So, when he was out one day, just hanging in front of his building with his group of friends and he layed his eyes on this new neighbour everyone was whispering about, something in him changed, his body heating up.

He stood up slightly to get a better look of the girl and he wasn't sure what it was, but he was sure he had already met her.

So when she looked back at him, he felt the familliar warmth that once adorned his hand, take over his heart.

__________

I broke my phone in last days of 2020. ✌🏻😌✨

3 MORE TO GO