A

Anna Mary Romanov was the name that everyone was using at least once a day for a year, but after that, the name died down and so did the Romanov family hopes of ever seeing their daughter alive.

Sara Jane Romanov gave a witness report a couple of times throughout the investigation, claiming to have seen her with her sister Anna before the sudden disappearance. Romanov family kept pressuring the police to continue on with their search, but to no avail.

Demanding a further interrogation would be of no use, since there were no cameras in that particular area to confirm what had truly happened and since there was no body found, everything came to a sudden hault.

Not even did the cameras at the park caught anything. It was as if Anna just vanished into thin air after being left there with their main suspect.

Anna Marys family were accusingly pointing fingers at her, also aware of the past between the two girls, explaining to the police how she behaved in a park, years ago, when Anna Mary tried to play with her brother, Ivan.

Just words meant nothing, so the family tried to press charges on other accidents. They also tried to contact other assaulted girls, but they either moved away or were too frightened to speak up and since she was quite young when all the incidents occured, police could not do much about it and pressing charges about it now, years later, seemed in vain.

"On the behalf of everyone around this area, we demand that she be put away in an instutution!" would be a sentance used constantly, even after Anna Marys name stayed put.

But nothing was of use. Police had no more clues to press charges and even if they tried to take it to court, it would only be a word against word.

Her mother though could not deal with the situation she was put in nor could she deal with the fact that she bore a killer. Constant looks towards her direction, whispers, even attacks led her into doing something from which there was no chance of returning.

And when she came back from school, she saw her mothers brain matter scattered around the room, floor and walls now being decorated with blood as well, red and white splattered on some furniture around her lifeless body.

So, she stayed calm and called the police. And they picked her up, but her father was not willing to take her in, so he gave up the custody of his daughter. That is how she spent her next years in All-Girls-House, an hour away from her and her mothers apartment.

It wasn't so bad, on one hand no one here knew her past, so her hate towards female specimens lessened. She did not make any friends, but she tolerated them more easily.

On the other hand, she also started to see the mess her impulsive fanaticism was causing, so as she grew older, she found other ways to get what she wanted.

By flirting her way into mens heart.

A little bit of sugar and a whole lot of crazy, that is what she was now becomming.

Her desire and lust did not diminish, in fact they only grew stronger and with some people watching, she noticed what men liked most about females, so she started to work out and dress up to catch their attention.

She went on a lot of dates, yet none of the men were as perfect as she had hoped. She wanted perfection, she craved it as much as she craved to be an owner of them all.

Most of them would ask about her current situation, aware that she was only sixteen by this point.

"I was a lively child, with strange past." she would respond, before using distractions to stop with the further questions.

Men were so easy to manipulate, lick your lips, twist your hair with your finger, smirk and they would loose their train of thought. She loved it.

But she loved none of the men.

When they would express their love, she would express her adoration. She adored all, but loved none.

But three males never left her mind, no matter how many others she had had.

And when she was finally eighteen and had to move away, she choose to return to the same area, the apartment now being her legacy.

Selling that apartment, as to not cause more ruckus with her return as she once did when she was a kid, she bought another one in the building on the other side of the street.

Knowing her first name and last name were probably still used as a warning in a way parents would speak about a Boogeyman to their kids, she changed them both. Now, she went by Astrid Ricci.

She tried contacting her father and brother, Ivan now being sixteen and when the call went through one time, she got extremely excited.

A mans voice could be heard from the other side, one she did not recognize, and he was laughing.

"Ivan?" she questioned, not sure if her brother was still present, though she heard female laughter in the background. Laughing stopped suddenly, which was strange.

"Yes. Who is this? I don't have your number saved on my phone, so I hope you aren't here to sell me shit, cause I ain't buyin'."

More laughter.

"It's your sister." she said and the laughter stopped. She heard a small 'oh, shit' before he told the girl to leave the room cause 'this is important'. And she smiled, knowing that he still cared.

"How have you been?" he asked, unsure of what to say. They haven't spoken for years. "I- um.. I don't know what to say, you shocked me with this call. I was- I just came home with my best friend. How do you feel, you know, after mom did what she did?" He was uncomfortable and she noticed, so to ease him into this conversation, she started speaking herself.

"That mishap happened years ago, mind you. I am eighteen now and you are sixteen, it's pretty mindblowing. And I am good.."

So, she spoke with him as much as she could, not wanting to let go once again. The talk was quite brief for her liking, but he said his friend was still there and he will call her later.

But he never did.

__________

Ngl I was listening to Tanja Savić - Poludela while writing this. It gives me those nostalgic vibes that I - oh so - needed for the last part.