Hold On (Song Fic)

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
A/n: triggering warning: suicide, depression, anxiety.
This is a really serious subject. Please do not read if this could be triggering for you! I want you all to know that no matter what you're going through, you'll be okay. I know I'm just a stranger to you all who writes imagines that you sometimes read, but I want every single one of you to know that if you EVER need someone to talk to, that I'm a PM away. No one deserves to suffer alone. Please take care of yourselves and be kind to others! - Georgia ❤️

-
-
-
Hold On - Chord Overstreet song fic

'Loving and fighting, accusing, denying. I can't imagine a world with you gone'

You and Henry had started dating when you were fourteen. You always knew Henry was keeping something from you. You'd had countless fights about you accusing him of cheating, because in your mind that was the only logical thing that he could be keeping from you right? Wrong. After a year Henry finally told you the truth. That he was Kid Danger. He told you that he was scared that a villain would hurt you to get to him and he told you that he couldn't imagine a world with you gone, so he kept his job a secret.

'You locked yourself in the bathroom. Lying on the floor when I break through. I pull you in to feel your heartbeat. Can you hear me screaming? Please don't leave me.'

You were now both seventeen. Henry's job was hard and scary. He was always on edge, worried that someone would try and hurt you or his family. Fear grew into anxiety and anxiety grew into depression. He'd spent four years fighting criminals and trying to keep people safe. He was exhausted both mentally and physically. When he lost his powers, his depression peaked. He tried his best to hide it and for the most part he succeeded. His family didn't notice when he'd skip meals, Charlotte and Jasper didn't notice his lack of interest at school and Ray didn't notice how the once bubbly kid he'd hired to be his sidekick had become a shell of his former self.
After an emergency call ended badly with injured civilians, Henry felt useless. As a sidekick, as a son, as a friend and as a boyfriend. He was done with it all. He was ready to end his life.
He went home that day, relieved to see a note from his parents saying that they were going away for the weekend with Piper. He'd be able to do it without anyone trying to stop him. He went up stairs and opened the medicine cabinet, taking hand fulls of every pill he could find, not bothering to check what they were. His body's natural instinct was to throw the pills up, but he swallowed down the vomit and began to feel himself drift off to sleep.

You'd noticed a change in Henry lately. It started out small and unnoticeable to everyone except you and when you'd ask him about it he'd just say that he was tired. Over the last few weeks though, that change had become bigger. He was distant and looked like he hadn't slept for more than an hour a night.
After seeing the news report on his and Rays last mission, you decided to go to his house to check on him.
When you got there the door was unlocked and the house was silent.
"Henry?" You called out. No response.
You went up the stairs and checked his room. Empty. Then you passed by the bathroom and saw that the light was on. You tried opening the door but there was something against it, stopping you from opening it. You felt sick to your stomach. Somehow you just knew that Henry was in there and that he wasn't okay. You pushed with all the strength you had until you managed to open the door.
In front of you was a sight that was straight out of a nightmare. Henry laying there. Stiff. You couldn't see if his chest moving so you bent down to try and feel his heartbeat. It was there but it was slow. You immediately called 911 and then Ray. You sat next to your seemingly lifeless boyfriend, sobbing and screaming,
"Please don't leave me!"

'Long endless highway, you're silent beside me. Driving a nightmare I can't escape from. Helplessly praying, the light isn't fading. Hiding the shock and the chill in my bones.'

The paramedics agreed to let you come with Henry in the ambulance, as there was no one else home. It felt like the ride to the hospital would never end. You sat next to Henry, holding his slightly cold hand, as he laid silently beside you, praying that the light wasn't fading from him. You'd gone from panic to shock and felt a chill in your bones as you watched the paramedics work on Henry. You tried to hide your fear, tried to stay strong for Henry.

'They took you away on a table. I pace back and forth as you lay still. They pull you in to feel your heartbeat'

When you finally arrived at the hospital they immediately took Henry's still body and laid him on a table. You watched as they felt for his heartbeat and then took him away.
You paced back and forth in the waiting room. It felt like an eternity before Ray showed up. You ran to him immediately and cried against his chest. You looked up to see that his eyes were red and puffy. He sat you down and you waited for someone to come out and update you on Henry.

'I don't wanna let go. I know I'm not that strong. I just wanna hear you saying, "baby let's go home". Let's go home. Yeah, I just wanna take you home. Hold on, I still want you. Come back, I still need you.'

An hour had passed and all you wanted to do was hear Henry tell you that he wanted to go home. All you wanted was to take him home. You weren't strong enough to survive without Henry. You needed Henry. He was like a life force for you. You still wanted to do so much with him. Travel the world, get married, have kids, grow old together. You still wanted him. You still needed him.

It was another half hour before a doctor came out and told you and Ray that Henry would be okay. He'd had to have his stomach pumped but he would be okay. You silently thanked whoever was listening to your prayers.

Henry had a long journey ahead of him and his road to recovery wouldn't be easy, but you'd be by his side the entire time.

I hope you guys liked this! Please if you're ever struggling, don't lose hope! Please reach out to someone, anyone. My messages are always open. I know what it's like to struggle, to not want to live. But it will get better. I have something tattooed on my wrist that says "H.O.P.E
Hold on pain ends."
Please remember that guys! I know it's been a tough year but no matter what you're going through, you will be okay. You will survive. The pain will end. Sending all my love and positive vibes to all of you especially with the holiday season here, which I know for many people, like me, can be hard. - Georgia ❤️❤️❤️

 - Georgia ❤️❤️❤️