Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"It's ...nothing. Besides I don't belong here anyway."

Percy started to speak but I held up a hand.

"Don't even try to tell me I'm wrong or crazy or how I could say that. Just here me out." I took a deep breath and met his saddened and worried eyes. "Look. We both know that I'm a freak in a world of freaks. You try to make me fit in, but there's nothing you can do. If the wolves think I'm evil and a witch, then that's their opionion. No one can change it. Even your parents think I'll turn on them. Yes, they were very welcoming at first, but when you aren't around, they don't look at me, talk to me and when they do, their words are clipped and to the point. They go out of their way to avoid me just like everyone esle.

"And if you got to know me a little better, you would see that I'm used to this. I've moved around eight times during my life and I've always been the new girl that people avoided. I did make friends but it took a long time because I had to prove to everyone that 'Hey! I'm human and I'm a girl, not a witch." Turns out that I am part witch, go figure."

Percy said nothing. He kept his thoughts hidden and looked away from me. He sat down on the bed and his eyes glazed over. "Am avut nici o idee că toate acestea se întâmplă. (I had no idea that all this was happening).

I sat down next to him and rested my head aginst his shoulder as I slipped my hand into his. He held onto it like it was the only thing that was keeping him grounded on this earth.

"I may not understand Romanian, but I know that you didn't know that this was going on because you had others important issues to deal with, like stopping the Fae from coming after me and the two insane Alphas."

We were quiet for a few moments until I said aloud the thing that I was most scraed of. "Percy, can't we just...leave?"

He looked at me increiously. "Dragostea mea, ce vorbești?" (My love, what are you talking about?).

"I love it when you talk in Romanian but can you please speak English so that way I can properly argue with you?"

He gave me a frustrated look. "We can't leave, Crystal. I have to stay."

"What do you mean that only you have to stay?"

His eyes widened a tad before they went back to normal. If I had blinked, I would've missed it. "I didn't say that. I said that we both had to stay. I mean that if I can't leave then you can't leave."

I stood up from the bed and stomped my foot. "Well, why not?! Percy, I can't stay here! I won't! I refuse to stay here a second longer! At least when everyone thought that I was a healer I was accepted and people talked to me and actually listened to what I had to say. I mean, even the qypsy healer here won't even allow me into her hospital/ nurse office room because I have negative energy that's assoicated with my powers! Sometimes I wish that you weren't the most dominant Alpha. Why couldn't you have been another wolf that didn't have to stay in a pack? Why couldn't you have been a wolf who would sacrifice anything for me just to make me happy just like any toher wolf?! Why can't we just forget what any stinking prophecy says? It's just a bunch of rhyming hoopla!"

Percy stood up and grabbed my flailing arms. "Well, I'm not just some low rank wolf, Crystal! I'm your mate and you have to live with it!"

I broke my arms free of his grasp and stepped away from him. "Well maybe I don't want you as my mate anymore!"

With all my anger and frustration it took a second to comprehend what I had just said. I looked up into Percy's eyes and saw hurt, saddness, and guilt. But all that changed into pure anger within a split second.