Chapter 20

Chapter 20

        Now, believe me. I didn't want to rush into things head first, fists blazing with fire, but I couldn't help it. She was actually taking his side. The no good traitor! Of course, I tried to tell her that, but did she believe me? Nope! Well, maybe I could've been a little calmer with the situation at hand, but I wasn't.

What made me so mad was that she wanted me to still be in that horrible nightmare sleep and unaware of my surroundings. Riley tried to tell me that it was all part of the plan that she and Terrell had thought of and that I woke up a day too early.

Bummer for them because I was awake, alive, and getting the heck out of that place with Riley whether she wanted to go or not. From the look that must've been on my face,I could see that she knew that she couldn't say anything to change my mind. Still, she tried.

"Crystal, be reasonable. You need to calm down."

"Me?!" I yelled. "I'm the one who needs to calm down?! Well, yeah maybe, but it is you that has lost her flipping mind! How can you trust this warlock? I trusted him, and look where that got me: the sleeping beauty syndrome and waking up to the most awful Prince Werewolf Charming in history. We need to leave now." I grabbed Riley's hand and pulled her to the open door of the library. Before we could step outside, Terrell swooped in front of us and blocked our path.

"You aren't going anywhere," he said.

"Yes, we are. Now, move."

He, being the butthead that he is, planted his feet firmly on the ground and took a defensive position. I released Riley's hand and raised both arms at Terrell.

"Move," I said again.

"No," he looked me straight in the eye and didn't turn away. There was no way that I was going to submit to him. I raised my hands into the air and felt the earth move with my command. The ground beneath Terrell shook and before he could strike, the floor erupted beneath him and he flew into the shelf of books on the right side of me. Now, on any other day, I would've let him be, but this wasn't no ordinary day. I looked around and saw a large flower pot with still moist soil. I raised both hands toward the soil and let the water move with my command. As I lifted my hands, so did the water from the pot in a steady stream. Once all the water had been drained from the dirt, I turned my gaze back toward Terrell. He sat in a heap on the ground, with Riley sitting next to him. They both looked up at me with wonder and concern. I could feel the water swirl around me, waiting for my command and before I could fire, Riley stood up and came to a stop directly between Terrell and me.

"No more, Crystal."

I looked at her with shock. "Why are you defending him? Has placed a spell on you or brainwashed you?"

She shook her head. "No, Crystal. Your mind is clouded. Something's off about you. Before now, you haven't been able to access those sides of your powers because of your werewolf half."

I didn't remember ever telling her about that. "How did you know-"

"It doesn't matter how I know," she replied. "All that matters is that before, you weren't able to control those elements, and now you can. You were just about to send a lethal blow onto Terrell. What has happened?"

I met her eyes and knew that there was no way that I was going to get out of the situation. I was going to have to tell her whether I wanted to or not. I looked over her shoulder at Terrell, who was brushing himself off. I glared at him before looking back at Riley.

I crossed my arms. "I won't say a word until he leaves."

Riley looked back at Terrell and motioned for him to leave. He let out an exasperated sigh and went to the library's doors. Before he left, however, he turned back around and said, "Now if you so much as harm a single hair on Riley's head, I swear Crystal-"