Chapter 4

Chapter 4

        It's been two weeks since I was dropped here. Peri used her magic on my school and parents by somehow convincing them that I was going to finish my senior year abroad in Siberia. She said that she didn't even have to use her magic to convince my parents, only a suit and clipboard, but considering how my parents are, I find that very hard to believe. So I went home for a day, packed my suitcase, had one last dinner with my family, then hugged my parents goodbye. I said a friend was going to pick me up and I walked out the front door of my house. I looked back and wondered how long it was really going to be before I saw my home again when Peri transported (she calls it flashing) next to me and whisked me away to the Serbian pack mansion. 

        It's not all bad here I guess. There are about a hundred or so incredibly hot dudes roaming the mansion, most of them without a shirt. Since I wasn't "mated", I could enjoy the view all I want even though Sally and Jen also enjoy the view with me. Their mates are pretty freaking hilarious when they are enraged with jealousy. 

        Everyday, I have told everyone that I was taking a quick walk into the mountains, and saying I always stay on the trail, when in reality I was hightailing it off the trail to meet Percy. He's always there at our pond before me now and each time with a clean shirt (dang it). The first couple of days Percy tried to come up with reasons for me being important. All of them were completely ridiculous or that I was somehow a wolf like gypsy healer. I knew he was just trying to make me laugh but after a while I got bored of trying to figure out who I was and I asked him to stop. Since then, he has been telling me stories of his life and bringing board games to take my mind off of everything. It was incredibly sweet and he was the only highlight of my day. He told me that he was the son of an important wolf at his home, and he's always known that he would have to become Alpha as well. He said that he wants to wait until he's found something first before he becomes Alpha, but when I ask him what that something is, he just gives me a small sweet smile and says he's getting closer to finding it every day. Now, I like the whole mysterious guy, but  it's really bugging me of what that something is. 

        Before, I go and meet Percy though, I have excruciating practices with Sally. She tries to show me healing potions and how to "see" inside someone to find what's hurt. Every time, I fail. The potions blew up in my face, and turned Sally green. Peri is always there to watch the lessons and when she saw that I turned Sally green, she laughed her head off. "Well, well! If it isn't the Wicked Witch herself?" Then she just laughed harder. 

        Today was different, however. Sally was desperately trying to show me how to find the sickness of someone by "looking" inside of them. I was practicing on Sally. Can't get anymore stressful than that, can you? She was holding my hand and telling me to let my magic flow inside of her and find what's wrong. Peri was watching this whole ordeal from her lounge chair in the corner of Sally's infirmary and quickly got bored. "Alright, that's it. I'm going home for awhile while you two continue practicing. As much as I love to see Sally turned green, it gets boring after about the first twenty times. If you need me, call me." And with that, she flashed out of the room. 

        "Okay, Crystal," Sally said as she turned back to face me. "It's just you and me now. Just try. Try to visualize your magic. Can you see it?" 

        I closed my eyes and tried to picture something, anything. After what seemed like hours, I thought I saw something. It was faint but I saw a sparkling purple cloud form. Sally said that magic looked like a sparkling, blue, cloudish line that you then use to send outward and find a sickness. For some reason, mine looked like a dark purple. And for a split second, I saw it take a form like Sally said before it vanished completely.