viii

The two men had just sat down, Murphy took a chance to look around and he was impressed

The two men had just sat down, Murphy took a chance to look around and he was impressed. "How did you find this place?" Murphy asks Buck who sat across from Murphy.

"My boyfriend at the time introduce me, I went here more after we broke up honestly."

Buck chuckles which gave Murphy the invitation to laugh along with him, but he was too hung up on the fact that Buck likes men and that he dropped that bombshell. "Oh, I'm sorry about to break up though." Buck waved him off with the shake of his hand. "Don't about it, it was during my Buck 1.0 phase."

Murphy wanted to ask about it but the look on Buck's face told him to leave it alone which Murphy did. "What do you like to get here?" Murphy asks when he notices Buck doesn't open the menu the waiter gave them to look over.

"I like the banana smoothie and avocado toast, they make the best avocado toast here."

Murphy places the menu he was holding down on the table. "I'll have that, sounds good." When the waiter came to grab their orders it was easy enough because Murphy just said he'll have what Buck is having and he grabbed the menus and left.

Buck once the waiter was gone clasped his hands on top of the table and looked at Murphy. "So, what happened at your doctor's appointment? The first one with your parents right?"

Murphy nodded. "I told them to be good and not protest because I told Dr. Holmes about the pain spell I had a few days ago which was dizziness and pain in my chest. She told me-" Murphy sniffed, realizing this was the first time he's admitted this meaning it was real for him.

Buck reached over and grabbed Murphy's hand squeezing it for comfort. "Take your time Murph." Murphy used his free hand to wipe the tears that escaped but he didn't let go of Buck's hand. "We thought I had five months right?" Buck nodded in understanding.

"Well, the x-rays showed that it's spreading very rapidly and she told me that I have 2 months instead of 5."

Buck dropped Murphy's hand in shock, he rubbed his face looking away sighing. "Did she say how to prepare like what to do?" Murphy nods. "She told me I should make a will, and when it comes time I will know and I should be admitted to the hospital."

Buck let out a long breath, Murphy saw under the table Buck's leg was moving up and down. "Here is your food." The waiter broke up the sadness by placing their food down. "Thank you," Murphy said quietly nodding his thanks.

"How did your parents act with that news?"

Murphy takes a sip of his smoothie before answering. "They were upset understandably, they actually wanted me to get home but I made them drop me off here." Buck looked puzzled at what Murphy said. "Why?"

"I needed to get away from them, they look at me with pity. They don't see who I grew up to be they see their sick kid who is dying before them in a few months."

Buck frowned before taking a bite of his avocado toast. "You have to understand though Murphy that not only did you get the shook of your life but so did they. They love you and they don't want you to leave like this."

Murphy opened his mouth to argue but realized Buck was right, he leaned his head back on the chair and groaned loudly making the other patrons stare at him weirdly.

When he sat up straight he closed his eyes and rubbed his head when he was getting a sharp pain, when he opened his eyes everything was blurry. "I'm dizzy again," Murphy murmured to Buck hoping he heard him, Murphy heard the chair scraping on the concrete deck they were sitting at before Murphy felt cold hands touch his face.

"Sorry, my hands are cold."

Murphy shook his head groaning and closing his eyes tightly when it made it worse. "They feel nice." Murphy blushed as Buck laughed before rubbing Murphy's temples.

After a few minutes, Murphy slowly blinked to see Buck's smiling face. "Thank you, I think you might have to drive me home though. I got really tired."

Buck waves his hand in dismissal before standing up and grabbing the ticket. "I'm gonna go pay, and then we can go on to your house."

||

Murphy pushed the door open with his back after he unlocked it so he can wave to Buck as he backed out of their driveway, Murphy slipped his shoes off and took a sip of his smoothie before walking to the living where his Baba was sitting petting Sabra softly. "Hi." Murphy quietly said before sitting on the big chair that was facing the tv.

"Hey Murph, lunch go okay?"

Murphy nodded down picking at his pant string before slowly nodding. "I had another dizzy spell that Buck helped me through which is why I'm home." Adam frowned holding out his hand when Simon handed him a drink.

"You're gonna tell Doctor Holmes right?"

Murphy resisted the urge to roll his eyes at what Simon said but he held it off. "I am, later on."

"You've fallen for him, haven't you?"

Murphy looked at Simon confused shaking his head. "No, I haven't." Murphy knew he was lying but he was dying in a few months, he couldn't have a relationship.

Adam smiled softly at Murphy before taking a sip of his drink. "You have, do you know if he's into guys?" Murphy shrugs slightly. "He's at least bi, he told me that his ex-boyfriend introduced him to the place we ate at."

Murphy was chewing on his fingernails. "Are you gonna tell him?" Murphy widened his eyes and shook his head quickly.

"No way, I'm dying. I can't destroy his life for me."

His parents looked at him with matching sad smiles but they let it go, letting Murphy sip on his smoothie in sadness letting his thoughts drift to Buck.