iv

Murphy had his hands in his pockets while walking around, he was going to tell his parents that he had no plans to get treatment today

Murphy had his hands in his pockets while walking around, he was going to tell his parents that he had no plans to get treatment today. He knew that they would protest, especially Adam as they had a more profound bond of Adam being his actual father.

Murphy had hoped that Simon would be more on his side, but he knew that might not be the possibility. He stopped walking and took out his phone, he sent a quick text to his parents saying he's on the way and he should be coming in the house soon.

He ran his hands through his hair and he started walking again, suddenly a wave of dizziness come over him. He placed a hand on his chest as he felt pain, he took a few deep breaths, and just like that the dizziness and chest pain he felt diminished it was like it never happened but Murphy knew something was wrong and he planned on telling Doctor Holmes of what just happened but he convinced himself it was just because he got dehydrated from walking.

Murphy was grateful when he finally saw his parents house a short distance away, he was a little worried that his parents would notice something wrong but when he looked in the camera on his phone he didn't think he looked out of sorts or sick, but he knew his parents would know better than him.

It wasn't like his parents didn't know he was taking a walk to clear his mind but he was still scolded when he walked into the house. "You shouldn't have been gone that long Murph." Adam scolded Murphy rolled his eyes and a bottle of water was shoved into his hands.

"Adam, honey. Murphy is an adult. Come on let's sit."

Murphy was grateful for Simon, Adam sighed but walked into the living room and sat beside Simon on the love seat while Murphy sat on the couch, Sabra sensing something was going on walked over to Murphy and hopped on the couch putting her head on Murphy's lap.

"Did you have a good walk?"

Murphy nods, he buries his hands in Sabra's fur so he doesn't pick at his skin out of anxiety. "I got my results from my appointment." Murphy bit his lips slightly looking up to see Adam furrow his brows and lean forward.

"What did they say?"

Murphy rubbed Sabra's fur to help ground him, he began wishing the firefighter Buck was here with him. Murphy furrowed his brows, why was he thinking of Buck at this moment he was brought out of his thoughts by Simon catching his attention. "Murph, you okay?"

"Yea, I'm fine."

Murphy sighed, now or never. "I have stage four breast cancer." Murphy heard the sharp intake of Simon he looked up to see Adam had his hand over his mouth. "She said it's growing very rapidly, it's spread all the way to my lungs."

Murphy closed his eyes tightly when he heard a sob come out of Adam's mouth. "How long do you have?" Murphy looked up to see Simon was rubbing Adam on the back, Murphy could see that Simon's eyes were shiny with unshed tears and his hands were shaking. "At the most 5 years with treatment." Murphy winced prepared for his dad's to get upset. "Without treatment, I have a few months."

Adam looked up from where he was crying into his hands. "Why did you say without treatment?" Murphy gulped and looked at Sabra. "I decided that I don't want to go through chemo."

Adam shrugged. "Okay, I'm sure they have other options." By the look on Simon's face he figured it out for Adam did because he lets a tear fall as his hand dropped from Adam's back, Adam turned to look at Simon when his hand dropped.

Finally, it clicked, Adam looked back at Murphy with fear in his eyes. "No, tell me you're doing a treatment."

Murphy opened his mouth to respond but closed it quickly. "I don't want to Baba, I don't want to suffer. I want to be happy, I don't want to have live 5 years on this earth having to get treatment every week." Adam got upset at Murphy's view.

"But what about what I want? Your father! We have to watch you die, I'd rather you be here for 1 year more than a few months."

Murphy sighed and leaned forward running his hands through his hair, he knew that Adam was going to act this way. "Baba, this is my choice. Not yours, I would like it if you supported me." Adam shook his head. "I won't, I don't want to watch my only son die when he can get help."

"Baba! You know I won't be able to get help, it's spreading. It's incurable, I'm going to die."

Adam put his hand over his mouth to stifle a sob. "So why wouldn't you want to spend as much time on this earth as possible?" Murphy sighed. "I don't want to suffer so I can make other people happy." Adam shook his head. "I can't watch you die."

Murphy watched as Adam got up and walked away, Murphy choked on a sob he heard Simon sigh and walk over to Murphy to hug him. "I don't want to die, I just don't want to prolong it. You have to know that Dad."

Simon nodded. "I know, it's hard but it's your choice. Baba will come around I promise."

A sick thought rolled in his head. "What if he doesn't come around in time?" Murphy's voice cracked at the thought of his Baba not being at his dying bedside.

"Oh god, Murph. I'll get him to come around, I promise."

Murphy felt Simon kiss him on his hair, his eyes were clouded by his tears. "I wish this never happened." Simon nodded in agreement. "Me too, but you have to play the cards you're dealt and make the most of it."

In the back of his mind he knew that Simon was correct but he was worried that he just lost his Baba, and if he ever came around, it would be too late.

NOTES:

NOTES:

This book won't follow the season much, maybe some here and there but it's more of a story in its own.