xv

After Murphy passed out he was admitted, which is where he's been for the past two days stuck in a hospital and they think it's going to happen today

After Murphy passed out he was admitted, which is where he's been for the past two days stuck in a hospital and they think it's going to happen today. They convinced the doctors to sneak Sabra in who's taken her spot on Murphy's bed, while his parents are sitting on the couch under the window.

Murphy's been getting visitors all day, but he's finally having his favorite visitors, Brent and Carson. Murphy notices that every single person in the room their eyes has tears in them, which tells Murphy it's time.

"I guess I'm gonna miss your wedding." Murphy's voice came out quiet and hoarse, they were all talking so when Murphy said something all attention was on him. "I'm sorry, we didn't hear you. What did you say, Murph?" Brent looks at Murphy rubbing Murphy's leg slightly. "I'm gonna miss your wedding, I'm gonna miss the great Jacobs and Walsh wedding." Murphy had his hand in Sabra's fur, feeling the touch. Carson looked down at the hospital tiles, he looked towards Brent sadly. "I'm sorry this happened to you, Murphy." Carson's voice cracked which made Murphy roll his eyes.

"It's just the way my life happened, don't feel guilty. All I ask is that you name your first child after me." The whole room chuckles wetly, Murphy looked to his right to see Buck holding his hand. "That sounds like a plan Murphy, I think we're gonna go." Brent looked at Carson who nodded and began to stand up.

"Awh so soon." Murphy didn't even try to move as Carson bent down to hug him, everyone in the room knew that he felt as frail as he looked. "I love you," Carson says seriously as he stands up making room for Brent to do the same. "I love you guys too." Muphy had a lopsided smile on his face, Dr. Holmes had told them this would happen.

"Don't forget to name your child after me," Murphy said as loud as he could as Carson and Brent walked out of the room Adam and Simon following them. Murphy broke off in a cough, Buck held out his hand and caught the bloody mucus that Murphy had coughed. "Gross," Murphy muttered watching Buck wipe his hands on a nearby towel.

"Water?" Buck asked already grabbing it before Murphy could give a slow nod. The door opened but Murphy didn't make a move to look to see who it is, it was either the doctor or his parents.

Murphy was glad that Sabra didn't move either because it would jostle his already painful limbs. "How are you doing Murphy?" Dr. Holmes said looking at the numbers displayed on the monitors behind him.

Murphy wheezed. "I'm holding on." Murphy coughed taking another sip of water when it was offered to him. "Dr. Holmes, how much time does he have left?" Simon asked as he walked back into the room with Adam following him.

Dr. Holmes sucked in a sharp breath. "It's hard to say, could be a few minutes or it could be a few hours. We've upped his pain meds to the max that it can go so he won't be in pain. Now we're just watching him until the time comes." Murphy blinked slowly. "Can't you just kill me to get it over with?" Murphy joked, Dr. Holmes gave him a sad smile while Simon comforted a sobbing Adam who just heard his son ask to get it over with.

"You will go when you're ready Murphy, I'll be back in an hour or two to see how you're doing alright?" Murphy gave the doctor a small thumbs up.

The room fell into an uneasy silence when the doctor left, his parents were on the couch while Buck had scooted the big hospital chair over to bring himself some comfort. "Can I have your sweatshirt?" Murphy asked Buck, who looked towards his parents nodding slowly.

"Let's help you okay?" Adam said sniffing, he pointed to the ground and Sabra jumped off the bed. Murphy gave a small wince, the morphine was doing its job of masking the pain.

They worked slowly after Buck had grabbed the sweatshirt and they carefully lifted his arms to go through the armholes. When they gently laid Murphy back down he was breathing heavy, it was like he had just run a marathon when he didn't do any of the work.

"I think it's time," Murphy said quietly, he could feel his eyes getting heavy but he was fighting to keep them open to say goodbye one last time.

Simon sucked in a sharp breath slowly walking over to Murphy, he brushed the hair back off his face. "I love you kiddo, so much." Simon leaned down and kissed Murphy on the forehead.

Adam was already crying as he walked over to take Simon's place on Murphy's left side. "I want Sabra." Murphy had said so Adam patted the bed and Sabra jumped, she gave a whine and laid her head on Murphy's stomach.

"Oh, I love you much كيدو." Hearing his Baba speak Arabic for what would be the last time made Murphy shed a single tear. "I love you too Baba, you'll be okay." Adam huffed a tiny laugh as he gave Murphy one last kiss on the head.

Murphy slowly turned towards his right to see Buck, Buck scooted closer. "I love you, baby, you can go if you want sweetheart. We'll be okay." Murphy gave a tiny nod and squeezed Buck's hand one last time.

As Murphy's heart monitor let out an alarm to show he was officially gone his parents both let out a sob, but Buck who was holding Murphy's hand didn't let out a cry or even a tear.

Buck just looked at Murphy with a sad smile on his face because he knew wherever Murphy was, he was at peace.

Author's Note:

I'M SORRY!
I had a feeling many of you knew it was coming though, as sad as this story was to write It felt cathartic because my great aunt died from cancer.
So I want everyone who is going through cancer or knows someone who has cancer to know that my DMS are open to talk if you need someone to talk to.
I hope you guys enjoyed Murphy and Buck's story.