| 09 | Saturday, May 16

|  0 9  | Saturday, May 16

            Lara wants to go on a double date. She walks into the living room, where Arizona sits on the couch, clad in her Peanuts pajamas and with a bowl of cereal balanced dangerously on a cushion on her lap. Lara, on the other hand, is in an itty bitty pair of shorts and a small t-shirt.

            "Go on a double date with us," she says.

            "Put on a bra first, and maybe I'll talk to you," Arizona mutters, focusing on the Friends rerun on the television. Sighing, Lara crosses her arms over her chest (which really does not help at all) and leans against the wall.

            "Please."

            "Why?" Arizona narrows her eyes suspiciously at her older sister.

            "Because. I want to spend more time with my sister."

            "And you need to go on a double date for that," she deadpans the older girl. "Please, you probably just have a crush on Jeremy, or something."

            "I don't have a crush on your boyfriend, Zona. I am very committed to Ross."

            Arizona smirks because Ross is also on the television screen, making out with Rachel, and this amuses her. Whoops.

            "Can't we just go shopping or whatever, instead," she whines, eyebrows furrowed.

            "No. We're going to fancy restaurant tomorrow night. Tell Jeremy. Unless he's not really your boyfriend," she raises her eyebrow at Zona, who glares back.

            "Go fuck Ross, or something," she shoots back, shoving a spoon of cereal into her mouth and turning back to the screen.

            "I will!" she says indignantly from the hall.

            "Good!"

            "Good!"

♥     ♥     ♥

            Jeremy won't be at The Number, today, and Arizona tries her best to clamp her fluttering heart's wings down. As she enters the café, the bell hanging from the door's handle jingles, announcing her arrival. Jacob is behind the coffee machine at the counter, hair messy (and definitely not in the sexy way), black apron tied around his waist. His gray shirt clings deliciously to his chest and shit, Arizona needs to get a hold of herself. Clearing her throat and blinking a few times, she walks towards him and takes a seat in one of the spinning stools across from him. She says in an attempt at being casual, "Hey, Jacob."

            Said boy's eyes snap up immediately and a slow grin slides onto his lips. "Hey, Arizona May. Didn't know you had a shift today?" He presses down on a lever.

            "Don't. I just need to ask you something."

            "What?" Jacob asks in a half-detached tone, eyelids lowered to whatever he is doing, and his eyelashes brush his cheeks, they're so long.

            Arizona bites her lip and smiles hopefully. "A favor...?"

            "And why?" He drags out the y, scratching his head.

            "Because of my sister."

            "I like your sister," he says in a conversational tone, pouring coffee into some mugs. "She's hot."