| 25 | Sunday, February 14

// it took me two months but it's here, i'm here. it took me a week to write this, and it definitely isn't as good as i wanted it to be when i started this novel. but i've lost most interest in this novel, and this is honestly as decent as it will get, so i beg of you not to be disappointed.

dedicated to all of you for actually sticking with this story and getting to the last chapter, even though it took me two months to get it out.

the song is drive by halsey because she's only the love of my life and i only cried 32 times while listening to badlands, twice for each song, it's whatever.

but, enjoy. xx //

| 25 | Sunday, February 14

Arizona has decided that she likes weddings only when she is not important to them.

"Lara, calm down."

"Don't tell me to calm down! What if Ross says the wrong name up there, or something!"

"What ever gave you that idea," Arizona says blandly, falling into a chair.

"I can't breathe, oh, my God."

Sighing, Arizona stretches forward to hand her sister a water bottle, and Lara takes it, chugging down half of it immediately. Her other hand rises to fan herself at an increasingly terrifyingly rapid pace, and after two more seconds, Arizona curls her fingers around her older sister's delicate wrist to place it back down in her lap gently.

"I'll be right back. Do you think you'll be alright?" Arizona says, even though of course Lara won't be alright. Lara doesn't respond, and after ordering her to try snake breathing, Arizona leaves the room. She can't believe that she was kind of excited for this when she woke up that morning.

As she steps into the hallway, a man hurries past, a cardboard box barely in his arms. Nearly falling over, Arizona throws and arm out, just catching herself by bracing against the doorjamb. With a loud sigh, she continues downstairs. In the kitchen she finds Kiera touching up on the cake. Lara's best friend and maid of honor just so happens to be an amazing cook, and has her own catering company, so not only had she helped out with all the wedding planning, she had also cooked for the entire thing, as well. Arizona can only begin to imagine just how much Kiera's life resembles hell at the moment.

"Kiera, I can't calm her down."

"Shit," the girl in mention hisses, flicking a perfect, black ringlet away from her face and jabs at a spot on the cake with a frosting cone. "Shitshitshitshitshit." Arizona purses her lips for a second.

"K—"

"Fuck."

"O-kay," Arizona mumbles, turning around to head out of the kitchen.

"Arizona?" She swivels on her heels to face Kiera again, who is now looking at her.

"That's me."

"Did you need something?"

"Oh—oh, yeah, uh, Lara's kind of having a melt-down and I apparently can't do anything about it, and not even complimenting her look today is helping and I have no idea what to do."

"Lovely," Kiera says with a slight smile before patting Arizona on the shoulder on the way out. Arizona doesn't know how she does it. Only the nicest person ever could manage to keep Lara as their best friend. Shaking her head, Arizona strolls into the kitchen to peer at the cake. It's beautiful, tall, and a pastel yellow, covered in candied flowers. Holding herself back from reaching out to swipe a finger at it, she shakes her head and turns, only to nearly run into someone.