| 02 | Friday, February 14

|  0 2  | Friday, February 14

            It’s Valentine’s Day, and apparently, Arizona has to actually pay attention to what she wears, because, this year, she has a valentine, as weird as that sounds. As of now, she has her head buried in the closet, all articles of clothing flying out onto the bed behind her, the rare hanger coming loose and hitting the walls.

            When the knock sounds at her door, Arizona jumps and swivels on her heels to watch as Lara slips into the room, shutting the door behind her. “Happy Valentine’s Day,” she smiles uncertainly at Arizona, who frowns back, only slightly confused.

            “Uh, yeah, sure. Why are you here, again?”

            “C’mon, Zona, you have to get over your grudge or whatever at some point,” Lara sighs, and scoffing, Arizona sits down on her bed, arms crossed over chest.

            “I’m holding a grudge? Please, it’s just because you think you’re so much better than me,” she rolls her eyes and follows the other girl as she walks across the room to the closet and starts sorting through Arizona’s clothes. She doesn’t care anymore. “It’s because you think that you being prettier and smarter than me means that you’ve won at life. Well, guess what, Lara! Bullshit. ‘Cause you’re a bullshitter, and yeah, maybe you are prettier and smarter than me, but you also go through boys like crazy, I mean why? And what are you doing in the—”

            “How about this?” Lara pulls out of the doors, holding up an assembly of a pair of loose, sunflower yellow, high-waisted shorts and a flowy, black t-shirt.

            “What?” Arizona asks blankly. “What are you doing?”

            “I’m figuring out your Valentine’s Day outfit, duh,” Lara makes big eyes at her and then shoves the clothes at Arizona. “That is what you were doing when I came in, right? Well, problem solved.”

            “See?” Arizona cries. “This is your problem! You think you’re better than me at everything.

            “What?” Lara blinks. “Just put the goddamn clothes on, Jesus.” And then she turns and marches out of the door, closing the door. Arizona looks down at the clothing in her hands and huffing, takes her pajamas off. Might as well.

            So, she tugs the shorts on over a pair of black tights, and then pulls the shirt over her head, tucking it into the pants, before slipping into a pair of flats. She grumbles because it looks pretty (correction: very) good together. “This is cute,” Arizona mumbles.

            “I know,” comes Lara’s voice from outside, and Arizona yelps in surprise.

            “What the hell? Why are you still here?”

And then Lara enters the room again. A slow smile spreads over her delicate features.

            “Perfect.”

            “Perfect,” Arizona mocks in a falsetto voice, face screwed up, and Lara gives her an unimpressed look. “Whatever. I’m only wearing this ‘cause I don’t have time to pick out my own clothes.”

            “I know.”

            “I still don’t like you, you know.”

            “I know.”

            “That’s super annoying.”

            “I know.”