| 08 | Saturday, May 3

|  0 8  | Saturday, May 3

            Working at the rehabilitation center is actually more fun than one might think. Arizona isn’t quite sure what she works as, actually, but it’s fun nonetheless. Maybe the fact that a lot of the patients, if not most of them, are more like characters than they are people. After working here for a nearly a year so far, she is still trying to understand them.

            Right now, she is in the center of watching James paint. With his glasses, short blonde hair, painting, and reading, he is probably by far the nicest person she has ever met and gotten to know. But, then again, it’s not like he has much competition seeing as all Arizona’s friends are dipshits. He refuses to tell her what he is painting all the time, so every time she comes, she always spends just a little bit of time trying to figure out what it is being brushed onto the canvas. Arizona has about as much of an idea as she did a week ago: none. Adeeb, James’ best friend, sits across from Arizona at her table, knitting what he claims will be a pair of mittens. He, on the other hand, is the complete opposite of James with his dry sense of humor and perpetually rolling eyes and sarcastic commentary.

            “Wait, so is that, like, a d—”

            “Arizona May!”

Said girl’s head whips around immediately and does not really know what she’s thinking when her eyes settle on who is Jacob fucking Miller. He, of course, looks as good as ever. Just then, Arizona sneezes a loud sneeze, barely covering it with her elbow in time. But it is loud enough to draw the attention from Adeeb and James. Also, a “bless you” from the latter. Following her line of gaze, the two boys see the one in the entrance at the same time, and as James lowly says,

            “Ooooooooooooooh.”

Adeeb yelps,

            “WHO IS THAT, ARIZONA MAY?”

            “No one,” Arizona uncomfortably shifts and clears her throat, not knowing if she should get up or not, though Jacob has made it incredibly clear that she should.

            “Mhm,” Adeeb raises his eyebrows and James grins.

            “He’s hot,” says another voice which belongs to Lisa, another resident girl here. But, last time Arizona checked, Lisa was a lesbian.

            “You’re gay, Lisa,” sighs Adeeb, and Arizona nods in confirmation to herself, still avoiding eye contact with Jacob. He’s dressed in a gray thermal shirt clinging to his chest in the hottest way possible and the sleeves pushed up to his elbows and his hands jammed into the pockets of dark wash jeans and a beanie and fuck beanies have always been Arizona’s undoing and fuck he looks good.

             “So?” Lisa flicks the back of Adeeb’s head, making him wince away with a tiny ow. “I can still think guys are hot. Don’t you think some guys are super attractive even though you’re straight?” she asks and Adeeb develops a what the fuck look.  

            “No?

            “Yeah, you do, Deebs,” James rolls his eyes.

            “What the hell did you just call me?”

            “Dee—”

            “That’s not a fucking name!” Adeeb then proceeds to attack James, grabbing him in a headlock and James’ butt sticks in the air. “Mmph, id—”