50. On The Outside

I wake up with Alaska's naked body cuddled up close to mine

I wake up with Alaska's naked body cuddled up close to mine. I place a kiss on top of her head before rolling out of bed. Letting out a hearty sigh as I roll my shoulders back, I stretch out all the kinks in my body. Alaska had pleasured herself on top of me and eventually I had came inside of her. She seemed fully satisfied and I let her believe I was as well but I had missed Pere.

After spending a week in fervent heat with Pere, my experience with Alaska last night was no comparison. Plus, from repetitive said activities, and traveling for an entire day, I truly was exhausted. I had not been lying to her about that.

Once I change myself I head out of our mutual chamber wanting to see my children. I longed to see them after all this time. I slowly make my way toward Raven and Pere's chamber, knowing that is where my sons are. It is early enough that I do not think anyone will see me or care about my whereabouts.

I get to the door and I knock lightly, not wanting to disturb them if they are still asleep. When the door opens I am met with Lady Wren. I automatically furrow my brow. Where in the realms are Pere and Raven?

"Lady Wren."

"Land Beast." I smirk at her and then try to look around her shoulder. "It is early. The children are still sleeping. You should go back to your chamber."

"Where are the king and queen?" An odd look overtakes her features. "Are they not in there as well?"

"No, they are not and I do not know where they are." I go to push the door open but she stands there firmly. "You do not come in this room without the king or the queen." I growl at her but then I smell a familiar scent coming down the hallway.

I cock my head to the side and see a shirtless King Raven coming toward me. He is wearing an arrogant smile but the moment his eyes land on me that diminishes. He looks automatically irritated as he takes me in. Then I realize something. If he is shirtless, smelling like that, then that means he was intimate with Pere even though I had asked her not to be.

The moment he is in front of me I can smell her mating scent all over him. It takes everything in me not to say anything, not to throttle him up against the wall. We stand there for a long while just taking each other in. We both hate each other and yet we both love the same woman. Our mutual heirs are on the other side of the door because of it. Who knows, now that he has bedded her, maybe we will have more.

"Is there something I can help you with this morning, King Timber?" King Raven said, finally breaking the tense silence between us.

"I think you know what you can help me with." He grits his jaw but gives me a tight nod.

"Lady Wren, grab your queen some garments, as she no longer has any to wear, and then you can excuse us." Lady Wren does not say anything before backing into the room and shutting the door, leaving us alone in the hallway. Not a word is said between us until Lady Wren leaves.