Ch 6: Almost Together

"MARLENE!!"

"Are you sure you want to do this?" James asked Sirius as Marlene skips over to them.

"I have too." Sirius says to him. "It's the only way."

"You'll break her heart."

"It's a chance I have to take."

Marlene smiles at Sirius.

"You called?" She asked.

"We're done." Sirius says to her. "We're over."

Marlen's smile fell.

"What?" She asked. "What do you mean-"

"We're done." Sirius says again. "We're not dating anymore."

"It's because of her isn't it?" Marlene asked. "Because of Karri? You love her don't you?"

"We're done." Sirius hissed again.

Marlene sighed as she watched Sirius and James walk away.

"She took that better than I thought." James noted. "Wow."

"I just need to find Karri." Sirius says.

"And tell her what?" James asked.

"I don't know yet."

"You don't know?"

"I didn't think about it." Sirius said. "My head was only on the break up between Marlene and I. Not what to say to Karri."

"SIRIUS!"

Sirius and James turned to see Sirius brother Regulus running towards them.

"What?" Sirius asked, glaring at his brother.

"Is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"You really broke up with Marlene?"

"Yeah why?"

"Shit."

"What?" Sirius asked.

"Nothing."

Regulus walked away. Not looking back. Sirius and James exchange looks.

"What the hell was that?" James asked as they started walking to the common room.

"Not sure. Whatever it was, it wasn't good."

James said the password to the Fat Lady. The door opened and the two boys walked in. Karri sat on a window seat, reading a transfiguration textbook.

"Good luck." James whispers as he walks up the stairs.

Sirius watched her turn a page of the book. A small smile showed on her lips. Sirius panics when Karri's head turns. He hurried up the stairs.

Karri looked where Sirius was and shrugged. Molly came into the common room. Sirius stopped and ducked to hide from Molly.

"Karri!" Molly shouts. "I need to go to the library. Wanna come?"

"Sure." Karri says closing her book.

She got off the window seat and set her book there. She followed Molly out the door. Sirius got up and followed the girls.

"We need to talk about your date with Wood." Sirius heard Molly say. "I want to know why you left so freak'n early. Wood keeps asking about you."

The girls entered the library. Sirius behind him. Molly knew Sirius was following them, but didn't say anything.