Ch 15: The Battle of Hogwarts

The war is coming. Everyone knew that. Although Karri wanted to be there for Harry, she couldn't leave the Hospital. Almost time to give birth to the baby Black. The only thing that was missing is Sirius. Karri needed him here with her. She wanted him with her.

But yet, she was alone with The Healers. The others are fighting for their lives. Hours before giving birth, Karri wrote a note for Molly and the others. She had a feeling she might not make it out alive. She also told The Healer's the name of the baby, just in case she didn't make it out alive.

The baby came out, healthy and strong. However, Karri did not make it. The Healers tried and tried but could not save the mother of Vale Orion Black. The battle of Hogwarts is over, Harry won.

Harry and the Weasley went to St. Mangos. The Healer gave Harry the letter and Vale to Ginny.

"What does the letter say, dear?" Molly asked taking Vale from Ginny.

"Dear Harry and Ginny." Harry starts. "I had a feeling I would not make it out alive while giving birth to Vale. The name of the baby is Vale Orion Black. I want you, Harry and Ginny to be the Godparents to Vale. Take care of her like your own. Whatever happens in the future she will have great Godparents to look out for her. Harry, I'm sorry Sirius and I couldn't take you in as our own. I wanted it so bad, but I knew Sirius wanted to clear his name before taking care of you. But the greatest thing he told me, is that you believe that he's innocent. He says that's the best feeling he could have asked for. Take care of Vale for us, Harry and Ginny. Take care of her and yourselves. With much love, Karri Black."

Harry and Ginny exchange looks. Ginny had a smile on her face.

"We must do as she wishes for Vale, Harry." Ginny says. "I don't want to let her down. She was my Godmother."

Harry nodded.

"Of course." Harry says smiling. "We must. For Sirius and Karri."