Pilot = The Missing Light

Sirius needed a light in his dark home. He hated his family. Their reputation, their taste in dark magic. He needed something or someone to make him feel warm and fuzzy.

Sirius heard voices coming from down below. He hardly ever stepped out of his room but the voices were new and interesting. They weren't part of his family.

By interest, Sirius got out of his bed and headed down to the living room. He stopped at the bottom step. His eyes landed on a girl his age.

His heart fluttered when she turned to look at him. He felt his cheeks go hot when she smiled at him. Sirius bowed his head a little.

"Ah, finally." Sirius's mother says to Sirius. "About time you come to greet our guest."

"You must be Sirius Orion Black." Derek Greenwood says. "We've heard some much about you. All good things. I work with your father at the Ministry. We thought it was a good idea for my daughter and you to be friends. So that my little one could have a friend at school."

"Hi." Sirius says trying to smile at the girl.

The girl smiled shyly at the boy.

"You'll have to excuse my daughter's behavior, Sirius. She's very shy, doesn't have a lot of friends."

Sirius noticed the girl's cheek would turn pink the longer he looked at her. Sirius smirked.

"Do you play quidditch?" He asked.

The girl nodded.

"We have an extra broom here if you want to play. It would be nice to play against someone who isn't my brother."

The girl looked at her father as if she was asking permission.

"Have fun, Karri." Her father says smiling at her. "You might as well make friends. You could use them awhile at school."

Sirius held out his hand for the girl. He watched her hesitate. When her hand connected with his, something spark inside him. Something like a firework going off. Her hand relaxed in his as he pulled her to the outside.

Was she the light he was looking for?

Sirius and Karri stepped outside. Sirius saw the girl relax as they got more away from

The house.

"You alright?" Sirius asked.

Karri nodded. "I just...don't like the feelings that house gives me. No offense-"

"None taken. You're not the only one who gets those feelings."

"You get them too?"

Sirius nodded. "Why did I spend most of my time in my room."

Karri smiled. "I don't blame you. I do the same at my home too."

"Why?"

"Let's just say it's filled with dark magic."

"Yours too? Is that why you don't have a lot of friends?"

Karri nodded. "I think the dark magic will scare them away and never speak to me again. I think my dad is disappointed by me having no friends."

"I change that." Sirius says an idea pops in his head.

A smile slowly forms on his face.

"What makes you-"

"Hear me out. We both need the light in our lives. So why not be each other's light?"

Sirius held out his hand for her to shake.

"Well?"

Sirius saw Karri's lips turned into a smile. Progress, he thought. Karri put her hand in his. As soon as their hands connected, something inside them went off. A small spark of warm filled them.

"Did you feel that?" Sirius asked.

"Y-yeah."

"Hey." Sirius whispers, noticing the panic in her voice. "Don't worry. I'll protect you."

Sirius and Karri locked eyes. A light pink came on her cheeks as Sirius's smile grew.

"I have a feeling that you are going to be very important to me."

"And I you."