[05] The Residence

---

Sometimes, you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.

---

Chapter Five - The Residence

"Well? Spit it out, then."

Frankie bit down on her bottom lip, scrambling to find the missing object. Last time she had seen it, it was sitting unaccompanied by her other books on the shelf. Now, it was gone and she needed it.

"He said I have a month," she explained to Genevieve, throwing her pillows aside, "to help them regain the memories they've lost. If I can do that, he'll keep working with them. If not...God damn it! Where is that book?!"

Genevieve crossed her arms. "What book?"

"The official boyband handbook," replied the frustrated girl, groaning when she realized it wasn't in her room at all. "I left it on my shelf and now-"

She was cut off as Genevieve retrieved the little thing from behind her. "It fell out of your bag this morning. You should really learn to close those things properly."

"Thanks, Gen." She smiled, leaning over to give her friend a short hug. "Now, are you coming with me or not?"

"Where?"

"I'm going over to Harry's. I spoke with him this morning."

"Does he know about what Simon has said...?"

"Yes and that's kind of why I'm going...to figure out just what we can do to fix this."

Genevieve nodded, "all right. Let's go."

• X •

In the back pocket of her jeans, Frankie carried a photograph most dear to not only her heart, but the hearts of her friends. It was taken moments after the decision to put the boys together was made and they agreed. She had been there, watching from the sidelines with Genevieve. She had only been sixteen, at the time and honestly quite naïve. Louise warned her about talking to the potential contestants and she hadn't listened. She never really listened to authority, ever.

When the doors opened and the five boys met with the others who had made it through, she and Genevieve snuck past their boss to see the uproar close up. To this day, despite being scolded for the action later on, Frankie does not regret a minute of it. She remembered the looks on everyone's face - the smiles, the hugs, and the tears. Every single one of them had achieved something; they had done something with their lives. Her mother always taught her, "Frankie, you don't get many chances in life to do something great, so when you get it, don't let go." And she didn't.

"What's this?"

"Just a little memory," Frankie smiled, handing the photograph to the curly haired boy who smiled back at her. "I found it in my box of old things. I didn't know if you had a copy-"

"It's fine, Frankie. Thank you," replied Harry, gesturing towards the sofa. "Can I get you anything?"

Frankie shook her head while Genevieve said, "Harry, why don't you sit down? We're your friends. You don't have to treat us like we're royalty."

He chuckled, pushing some of his hair out of his eyes. "Last time I checked, Gen, you wanted to be a princess."

She blushed. "That was a long time ago."

"That was a month ago, actually."

She snickered, "now I kind of wish you had lost your memory."

The room quieted immediately while Genevieve realized the horrible mistake she had made. She was like that sometimes - saying things she shouldn't have. The expression which passed her friend's face made her stomach drop and she wanted the ground to right then and there, open and suck her in, whole. But it wouldn't, so she sputtered a hasty apology instead.

"Harry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"It's all right." He looked away. "Why are you here, anyway?"

His inquisition hit her like a dart.

"I-I-"

"We came," Frankie interrupted, "to talk to you about the rest of the boys, Harry. Remember what I told you Simon has said?"

"Yeah, but-"

"Well, I thought of something." She stated as she stood up. "It's a long shot, but I reckon it may work."

"What?"

She grinned. "How bad would it be if you could be sixteen again?"

---

VOTE and COMMENT!

(I apologize if everything's a little scattered and boring, at the moment, but I promise, it will get better)