[27] The Talk

---

and there's no guarantee

that this will be easy

it's not a miracle ya need, believe me

yeah, i'm no angel, i'm just me, 

but i will love you endlessly

wings aren't what you need, you need me

---

Chapter Twenty Seven - The Talk

“So what brought this on?”

He shrugged a shoulder, tilting his head to the side a bit, in attempt to see her sidelong. “You did say I was in charge of breakfast.”

“This…” she stared dumbfounded at her plate, “this isn’t breakfast, Lou. This is, like, something the queen would have for breakfast.”

“Consider yourself the queen, then,”

She laughed, “Honestly?”

He winked at her, “just for the day.”

Smiling in gratitude, Frankie immersed herself within the breakfast Louis had bought for the friends. Between the scrumptious apple pie, freshly squeezed orange juice, and countless other items she attempted to stuff down her throat simultaneously, she considered letting Louis stay over more often. That way, not only would she (probably) get a mouthwatering breakfast in the morning, she would also get to see hear his God-awful jokes that would mostly assuredly lighten her spirits for the day. And those two facts, as selfish as they sounded, helped her slip into the following conversation topic.

“Maybe I should just keep you at home,” she joked, sipping on her juice.

Like lightning, Louis’ head snapped upwards to meet her gaze. “That’s a great idea!”

“What?”

“The idea,” he emphasized, “it’s great. We could move in together.”

“Louis…I was joking…”

“Yes, but think about it this way,” he said, as if this was the simplest conversation he had ever had, “we already seem to spend quite a lot of time together anyway, if we lived in the same house, it would get rid of the two rents we’re both paying separately.”

“But…” she chewed on her bottom lip, contemplating her decision, which was obviously not in her persona to do and Louis noticed this straight away.

“Come on, Frankie,” he pushed, “stop thinking about it. Move in with me. Genevieve practically lives with Harry now and you’re always alone at home.”

“That’s true,” she said, “but…I don’t know.”