[16] The Effort

---

❝ Because a girl like you is impossible to find

You're impossible to find ❞

---

Chapter Sixteen - The Effort

Two weeks later, Frankie decided she would visit Louis, Zayn and Liam at The Lauderdale School of Music and Drama herself. She decided it would be best not to bother Genevieve with her plan, seeing as how Gen was mostly against everything Frankie came up with anyway.

She caught a bus littered with students heading for the school early Friday morning. She mostly kept to herself, locating an unoccupied seat near the back where she was sure, no one could disturb her. With headphones resting in her ears and the melodious tone of The Paper Kites,’ Featherstone flowing through, she was in her own little island of paradise.

That is, until a familiar face dropped into the seat beside her.

“Colin!”

The blue eyed boy smiled, casually resting his arm behind her chair, “nice to see you again.”

Frankie grinned. “It’s nice to see you, too. What…what have you been up to?”

“Nothing, really,” he admitted, “I recently got a job at a radio station.”

“Oh my God! That’s great! I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks,” he leaned back a bit, “what’s been happening in your life since we last spoke and I nearly died.”

Frankie looked guilty. “I’m sorry about that. I just didn’t think it would be a good idea if my friend saw you in my room, despite that fact that we didn’t do anything.”

Colin was silent.

“We didn’t do anything, right?”

He happily nodded, “oh, yeah, yeah. Don’t worry about that. I’m not the sort to…you know, do that and just leave a girl stranded.”

“Good.”

“So,” he continued, “where are you off to so early on a Friday?”

“I’m going to go visit a friend at his college.”

“Oh, what college does he attend?”

“The Lauderdale School of Music and Drama.”

Colin paused for a moment when, suddenly, a thought hit him. “There was something in the news about that a few weeks back. Something about…One Direction, you know that boyband?”

“I know who they are.”

“Yeah, apparently, three of the members go there. Crazy.”