[11] The Feelings

---

Sometimes, it’s not a hero we need…it’s a friend. ❞

---

Chapter Eleven - The Feelings

Genevieve stared at Frankie in awe. “Don’t you reckon this is a tad insane?”

“What? Asking someone for help?”

“No, asking a stranger for help. I cannot believe you’re actually willing to trust someone you met only yesterday.”

“He’s nice.”

The dark haired girl rolled her eyes. “You think everyone’s nice, Franks, that’s your problem. But I suppose since you’ve already dug your grave, I probably shouldn’t push you further into it. So…what’s his name?”

“His name is Nathan Hayes. Apparently, he was the lead singer of Party at Midnight, you know, that band I told you my Mum is obsessed with? It’s crazy, if I told her about him, she’d have a stroke.”

“Is he fit?”

Frankie’s eyes widened. “Gen, he’s like, forty or something – my parents’ age. Ew.”

“You still have a massive crush on Leonardo di Caprio and he’s practically as ancient as my father."

“That’s different!”

“How so?”

“It just is.”

“You’re terrible at explaining yourself.”

“Thank you, Einstein, I’m aware of that,” said Frankie, “besides, he knows so much more about being in a band than we do. He can help the boys so much more than we can. And he has a cat…named Bessie. I doubt a pedophile or rapist would be worried about his cat running away. Like, he was genuinely worried about the little thing.”

“Did he manage to find her?”

“Yeah, thankfully.”

Frankie threw herself on the sofa, landing with a thump. “So, how was your afternoon at Harry’s?”

“Fine.”

“Did you two have fun?” She prodded, placing emphasis on the word fun. “You were away the whole night.”

“We didn’t do anything,” replied Genevieve rolling her eyes once more and joining her friend on the sofa. “We mostly talked.”

“About what?”

“I dunno. Nothing and everything.”