Chapter 22

Wanda and Bucky talked the day away. They both lost track of time and ended up talking in bed until night. It wasn't anything in particular at first but there were moments when it became serious and personal. He had training that day but Steve decided to give him the day off, since it had been months since he had seen his friend so talkative. The two super soldiers talked almost on a daily but never like the way him and Wanda did. She didn't even talk to the others like she initially planned on doing so. They were all aware of her return, though they did have to explain to Vision that he couldn't go phasing into her room or Bucky's. The android understood the word privacy but was unaware of the concept. It was nice for them to simply have a day together. Bucky moved onto his back, laughing at what she said. "God, i've missed you."

Her smile faltered slightly. "Which one?" He turned his head to her, needing to make sure she was being genuine. When he saw that she was, he moved closer to her.

"This one." His hand brushed her hair out of her face. "And the one locked in her room, and the one in Germany, and the one who's cell i used to guard almost everyday. All of it. I missed all of you, Wanda." The soldier smiled warmly at her. "Stay for the night?"

This made her laugh lightly. "I'd have to change first."

"You can wear something of mine." Her cheeks warmed up. "If you want to." The witch shrugged, smirking at him.

"Since you're offering." She then got out of his bed, making her way to his closet. It wasn't a walk-in one but there was enough room to fit everything for him. Wanda didn't even make sure he was looking away when she began taking off her crew neck , leaving her in her bra. Bucky faced the other way the second she got to his closet, not wanting to make her feel uncomfortable. She put on one of his white shirts after taking off her bra, slipping on a pair of his plaid pajama pants right after. The pants were clearly too big for her, so she had to tie the string tight and fold it down. When she turned back around she found him facing the other way. She came in the bed behind him, snaking her arm around his waist before resting her head on his back.

"Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?"

She smiled, closing her eyes. "I like this way better." On his side, he took her hand in his with his engulfing the back of hers. Her smile grew when she felt him kiss it. It wasn't long before she felt herself drift off.

..........................................................................

The next morning, Bucky woke up to the sound of his alarm. He was quick to shut it off, being mindful of the sleeping person next to him. They drifted apart a bit while they were asleep, him being more at the end while she was still in the middle. The soldier rolled over to look at her but immediately realized a situation. Most likely sometime in the night Wanda's shirt scrunched up to just before her breasts and as for the string that was holding up her pants came undone, the bottom slightly falling off her waist. They were initially at her mid stomach but were now almost past her love handles, revealing a portion of her black lace panties. At first he thought of pulling them up for her but didn't want to cross any line so he simply pulled down the shirt which ended up covering almost everything. Though the action did make her rustle a bit. Bucky sighed, about to get out of bed when he heard the faintest quicken in breath. "Wanda?" He called, looking at her to find her still asleep. He was going to ignore it when he heard it again, this time in rhythm. "Wanda?" The soldier got up, going to the side she was facing to find tears streaming down her face while she had a mini panic attack. His gaze softened, sitting next to her to run his hand through her hair. "It's gonna be okay, Doll. I promise." After a while her breathing returned to normal, her going back to sleeping regularly.

There was then a knock at his door, making him groan. He was quick to answer it so not to wake Wanda. "We're-"

"I'll be there in a minute." Sam didn't even get to respond as the door closed in his face.

Bucky sighed, resting his head on the frame. It felt like the 20's all over again. Him hiding a girl in his room, only this time nothing like that happened. "Did you need to go somewhere?" Wanda asked as she stretched her arms above her head.

He didn't even hear her sit up, being too lost in thought. "Yeah, i have training soon."

She nodded, adjusting her pants before getting up. "I don't want to keep you." Once she was close enough, she placed a kiss on his cheek. "I'll see you later, okay?"

A small grin graced his lips. "Okay."