Chapter 12

(play song now)

"Where am i?"

Wanda looked around at the white room she was in. There was a hallway that connected to which seemed to lead on for forever. She looked down at herself and saw the white long sleeved bodysuit she was wearing. Her hands traveled along the sleeves to her shoulders, stopping at her hair. It was slicked back, clean, not in its usual tangled state. If you appeared in a strange the first thing you'd do would be to freak out but that wasn't the case for her. The witch felt calm and at peace for the first time.

She turned around to find someone stand just a few feet from her. Tears rose in her eyes as a smile spread across her face. "Pietro."

"Hi, sestra." His voice was gentle and soft just like she remembered. His hair was its original dark brown color just how it was before the experiments. Pietro also wore a jumper like suit with specks of silver while hers had specks of gold.

"You're here." Wanda ran to him and jumped into his open arms with tears streaming down her face.

He chuckled. "More like you're here." They pulled away so she could look around the room once more still not taking it all in. "It's peaceful, isn't it?"

She breathed in as well as wiped away her tears. "It is."

"Come. Matka and Otec are waiting for us." Her eyes filled with tears again at the thought of seeing her parents again. The speedster held out his hand for her which she gladly took.

They walked down the hallway in a comfortable silence, something she never minds. This feeling made her feel free. Free from the agonizing life she was living before. Being stuck in that room crying herself to sleep or staring out the window, numb, with nobody to get her out. Except, there was Nat who made her feel a bit better with her sarcastic comments as well as responses. And Clint who would tell her how Lila and Cooper were doing after he called them. Then there was James, who she pushed away even though all he was trying to do was help. The notes he wrote still laid on her desk unread and untouched. His words never making it to her, now forever remaining in the paper. All of those people tried to help her because they all loved her. She knew that now.

Wanda came to an abrupt halt. Pietro stopped to turn and look at her. "What's wrong, sestra?"

"I'm sorry, bratr. I can't go with you."

He smiled at her gently and walked up to her, cupping her cheeks while wiping the tears away with his thumb. "I know, anděl." His little sister looked up at him with a sad smile. "Let them in and help you. This isn't something you can do alone." (angel)

She wrapped her arms around his neck. "I wish i could go with you. See Matka and Otec one last time."

"It's not your time to fly now. I'll be waiting here when it is. I love you, Wanda."

...........................................................................

Wanda couldn't remember what happened over the next couple of days, but she's pretty sure come Monday morning she was back in her room, sitting on the floor staring out the window. The dream, or what she thought was a dream, of her with Pietro replayed in her mind.

There was a knock at her door which drew her out of her thoughts. "Hey, Maxi. I have food out here for you if you're hungry," Clint offered.

Her first instinct was to respond with "no thank you" but as she thought about it she stood up and went to answer the door. She took the tray from him before going to place it on her desk. "Thank you."