16 - Desperate (Day 5)⭐

Felix's POV

Since Maddie is shopping for snacks I decided to play games on my phone. It's Saturday and we don't train tomorrow so I'm just gonna enjoy my free time while I still have the chance. Lilly groans and wakes up. "Lilly," I said softly. She holds her finger up, possibly her super senses. She's not supposed to use her powers but this could be useful. She sits up and I move to her bed and she closes her eyes to focus. I wait patiently as she listens in and after about 10 minutes she opens her eyes. "Okay that was a lot of information," Lilly mumbles. "What was it," I asked her. "Alex informed the inmate of their setback. Neither are pleased and have informed the 3rd person which I have figured out was January. Except for the fact that it's not the real January. The real January had been kidnapped and is being held prisoner. I have no idea who's posing as January just yet but I'll figure it out. It's not safe to meet with Catherine anymore, at least not in her office. He bugged it. Alex is trying to find out how Catherine is getting all her information. If he finds out how many powers I have then it could put a lot of people in danger. The day that the fight between Inmate 34 and James is exactly 1 day and roughly 13 hours before Eleanor's coronation. So that means we have 19 days to prepare. I know bits and pieces of their plan and it's not looking too good," Lilly told me.

 "So how are we supposed to meet up without them figuring it out," I asked her. "My headquarters. Before all of this started I duplicated my old palace and used my powers to place the duplicate palace, deep in the forest here in Illyria. I had remodeled the entire palace and cloaked it. I used to practice my powers or go there when I wasn't in control. It's much bigger than the society's palace and I kind of maybe used my powers to copy all the files there just in case I needed them," Lilly told me. "Of course you did. Look, go ahead and mentally notify Catherine to leave the palace and we all can meet in James's office," I told her. Lilly closes her eyes and Maddie walks in. "What's going on," Maddie asked. She sets down the bags and heads over to us. Lilly opens her eyes. 

"Okay she said she'll be there in a few minutes," Lilly said softly. "Lilly got some more intel and we're having a meeting," I told Maddie. Lilly gets up but I give her a look and she sits back down. I get up and let her get on my back. The 3 of us left for James's office and picked up James along the way. The kids were all swimming in the pool being life-guarded by James's clone. I adjust on my back Catherine teleports in just in time. "What is this about," Catherine asked. "Your office has been compromised," I told her. "Who bugged my office," Catherine asked. "Alex," Lilly said softly. "So what's next? Meeting in my office from now on," James asked. "No, I have another place," Lilly told him. "No powers," James told her. "James, my necklace will teleport us all there," Lilly told him. James grabs her necklace from his drawer. 

"Your necklace is magic," Maddie stated. "Yeah, most of the time when I teleport I use the necklace's magic and not my own," Lilly replied. "How is your necklace magic," Catherine asked. "It was my grandpa. She spelled it so it can take her wherever she wanted it to," Lilly said softly. James hands it to Lilly who holds it up and it glows. The room changes and we end up somewhere completely different. "Welcome to my headquarters," Lilly said softly. "Dang ours is half this size," James stated. "We're on the second floor. There's six floors not including the holding cells on floor 7," Lilly told him. "How can one palace hold that many floors," I asked. "Well originally it was only 4 stories, but I added 3 floors under the palace. Top floor is where there are rooms. This floor had the cortex which is where we are but the second floor has a training room and a gym. The first floor is pretty much empty. Bottom first floor is where there's a medical wing, a science lab, a weaponry room, tech room and where my suits are held. It also has all files from the society. Second floor is where the security and interrogation rooms are. Then the bottom floor is the holding cells," Lilly told us.