2 - Nighttime thoughts ⭐

3rd POV:

Meanwhile Sam got back from Lilly's palace and wasn't in a good mood but still went to practice with Mike. "That was good, I still think we can do better," Mike stated. "Well, now that it's summer, we've got way more time to practice. No more school. No more Roxana, Princess von Selfie with her annoying little foster sister," Sam stated. "Oh, it's so cool she's going to Haiti," Mike stated. Sam gives him a death glare and he sighed slightly annoyed. "Unfollow," Mike said, unfollowing Roxana. "Thank you," Sam replied. "Look, the point is, we have our first paid gig coming up, and for us to be ready, we need to focus," Mike told her. "Oh, I am focused. It is going to be the highlight of my summer," Sam replied. "Not necessarily. To celebrate your release from Strathmore School for the Incredibly Entitled and mine from Illyria Public, I got us tickets to... Bramblebone! Tonight," Mike told her. "I'm not worthy. Your dad's gonna let you go?" Sam asked.

"Well, he's working all night. Luckily, coronations keep a groundskeeper very busy," Mike told her. "I will see you there. Oh, and you might want to brush your teeth. I can smell the garlic naan you had for lunch," Sam told him and left. "That was... two days ago," Mike said confused. Mike's phone went off and he checked his messages.

Meanwhile at Lilly's palace

Meanwhile at Lilly's palace. "I don't even know why you're going," Roxana said in a bored tone. Roxana plops down on Lilly's bed. "I'm supporting Eleanor," Lilly said softly. "You know I think the reason Sam hates you is because Eleanor and you act more like sisters than her and Sam," Roxana said softly. "Well then maybe Sam should grow up and support her sister without complaining all the time about how being a royal sucks. Yes it has its downsides but it's pretty cool if you do things right," Lilly replied. "True but you and I both know Sam's too stubborn to care about anyone but herself," Roxana told her. "Also true," Lilly replied. Lilly does her hair in a braid and checks herself in the mirror. She was wearing a blue knee length dress that had long sleeves. She had butterfly clips in her braids, a specialty of Roxana.

"Alright let's get you to her party," Roxana said softly. Roxana takes her downstairs and to the front before going with her to make sure she made it safe. "Mom wants you home an hour before it ends. Catherine said she would take care of your ride home, have fun and be safe," Roxana told Lilly. "Okay mom," Lilly said jokingly. Lilly leaves into the crowd and quickly finds Eleanor. "Hey you made it and you're a few minutes early," Eleanor said happily. Eleanor hugs Lilly who happily returns the hug. They talk for a few minutes before Lilly excuses herself and leaves to the bathroom. Lilly tried catching her breath but she was just glad nobody was in the bathroom. She leans against the sink and the lights flicker and she looks in the mirror. Her eyes glowed a dark red for a split second before her eyes went back to normal. Lilly calms her breathing before leaving the bathroom as if nothing happened.

"Hey kiddo," James said softly. "Hi James," Lilly said softly. "How are you feeling," James asked her. "My head hurts but I'm okay," Lilly said softly. "Hey I got the drinks," Martinez stated. "What the hell is he doing here," Lilly said calmly. "First off language and secondly he's my friend he's like us," James told her. "I'm leaving," Lilly stated. She turns to leave but James grabs her hand. "Nope sit down I'm your ride home. Watch her, I need to talk to Catherine for a second," James said softly. Lilly rolled her eyes and James left. "So wanna talk about earlier thi-," Martinez started to talk but his voice went mute and he couldn't finish his sentence. "What was that I couldn't quite hear you," Lilly mocked. Martinez gave her a stern look and she rolled her eyes and made a hand movement for him to talk. "Lilly, I'm sorry," Martinez told her. "You're so full of it," Lilly mumbled and blocked everything out until it was time for James to take her home. Unfortunately Martinez came with them.

"Lilly, he realized that he screwed up, just give him a second chance," James said softly. "I already did and yet he still screwed it up. I don't know what I expected. After all he's a male and he used to make me realize that all men aren't bad until he stabbed me in the back and proved my point. I really hope his girlfriend breaks up with him before ever deciding to have kids with him. Because if he has a son then his son will be just as immature as him and most likely end up dead. If he had a daughter then she'd grow up to hate him because he'll always have her go to her mother when it comes to emotions. Which will make her think that somethings wrong with her until one day she'll just realize he's a coward who refused to grow up and realize that eventually he'll have to deal with others emotions. Whether it be future kids or a future wife which I hope to god he doesn't get married. Especially to Maddie who is way out of his league and doesn't deserve someone like him," Lilly angrily ranted. "Lilly," James said firmly. James pulls up to the palace a few minutes later and she slams the car door and quickly makes her way to her room and locks herself inside and cried herself to sleep.