10: Dream or Future (Day/Night 2) ⭐

Lilly's POV

I tried to go back to sleep but I couldn't. I had so many questions about what actually happened the night my parents were murdered. I decided to get my answers and left to find James. He was in his office doing some work on his computer. "What do you want Lilly," James asked. He didn't even bother looking up. "Why was Inmate 34 still in the society after murdering my parents when I was 4. He was still in the society for 4 years before he killed his brother and then suddenly he was a threat that needed to be dealt with," I asked him. "Come here and sit down, it'll be a long conversation," James told me. I sat down on one of his rolly chairs. "Are you sure you wanna know," James asked softly. "Yes I'm sure," I told him. I put up a privacy barrier so nobody could snoop. "When we arrested him Catherine had a strange feeling. She said this was something that he'd never do and had him tested. We found out that he was mind controlled and we never caught the person who mind controlled him. Nobody in the society in Illyia had that power. So Catherine had him cleared once she was sure that he wasn't under the influence of mind control anymore," James told me. 

"Have you ever thought about the possibility that maybe he asked the person to mind control him so he could get away with it," I told him. "We did consider the possibility after he had killed the king but we could never prove it," James told me. "That's an easy fix," I told him. "How so," James asked me. "Well I would just need somewhere he was at for a long period of time to tap into his memories and he wouldn't even know it. Or I would need an object that has meaning to him," I told him. "Stay here for a few minutes," James told me. He left and I was stuck in this room confused. Maybe he went to ask Catherine something. Minutes turned into an hour and I eventually got tired of waiting and laid on his couch. Might as well take a nap while I wait for him. Someone starts shaking my shoulder and I slap their hand and whine as I curl into the couch. "Lilly come on get up we have somewhere to go," James said softly. "No," I mumbled. "We can get food along the way," James told me. I get up. "You should have just started with that," I told him. I teleport to my room and quickly change before grabbing my wallet and teleporting to the car. 

"Showoff," James stated. "Come on if I had her powers I'd be showing off to," Felix stated. I get in the backseat and we head off to get food first. Once we got food James started to drive to wherever it was that he was taking me. Felix just tagged along because he was bored and didn't feel like babysitting the others so that left Catherine with that job. I ate my cheeseburger and dipped my fries in my frosty. "No fair, give me some," Felix told me. I don't mind sharing my food but if I put my food up because I'm not hungry and saving it for later. Only to come back to see that someone ate it, that's when I have a problem. I handed him my frosty fries while I focused on my cheeseburger. "Thank you," Felix said softly. "You can have my fries since I already had half and I'm starting to get full. Just save me half the frosty," I said softly. "No problem," Felix replied. A few minutes later I finished my cheeseburger just as James parks. "You done," James asked. "Yep," I replied. Felix had finished the fries and I had given him an extra spoon since we'd share the frosty. "Alright just stay by us and try not to get into any trouble," James told me. "Wait, is Maddie a second born," I asked Felix. "Yeah you'll see her around at the school at times," Felix told me. "Does she have a cool power," I asked. I follow the both of them into some sort of building and down an elevator. 

"Yeah I'd say so. She has a form of telekinesis but she can also fly," Felix told me. "I've done that before and honestly flying is so fun. Except I can't do it naturally just yet it takes a lot of practice," I replied. "And we're here so go ahead and do your thing," James told me. I looked around and saw a cell so I walked in it and got on my knees. I set my hand on the floor and closed my eyes as I concentrated on the energy left behind from the inmate. Once I got a lock on the inmates memories I decided to try something new. Sort of like astral projection but I'm projecting the memories in the room. I open my eyes and see a bunch of memories.