15 - You're Safe With Me (Day 5) ⭐

Felix's POV

By the time Maddie and I get up in the morning Lilly is still out cold. As much as I want her to sleep in I don't want her out of our sight. I go to her bed and gently shake her shoulder. "Lilly sweetie, it's time to get up," I said softly. No response. "Lilly," I said softly. She slightly hums and I gently shake her shoulder again. She rubs her eyes as she starts to wake up. "Well you looked like you slept well, other than the small hiccup," I said softly. Lilly tiredly nods and gets out of bed and changes. 

The 3 of us head downstairs for breakfast. "You look like you just died," Sam told Lilly. "Why couldn't you let her sleep in," James asked me. "I wanted to but also you know training," I lied. James understood what I meant and just gave me a nod. Everyone eats before we split up. Matteo and Tuma with James. January and Sam with Maddie and then Roxana with me and Lilly. While I trained Roxana Lilly slept on the floor with her blanket. Roxana was struggling with turning invisible. 

She should at least be able to turn invisible as the others know their powers by now but something is stopping her. After an hour I called it a day for her. "Okay that's enough Roxana. Let's go ahead and go to the simulation room," I told her. "I'd rather die," Roxana called out. "Too bad," I replied. I gently shake Lilly's shoulder and she wakes up. Lilly grabs her blanket and follows me and Roxana. We got to the training room where the others were waiting. "Alright you know the drill, to the pyramid and try not to fight as much this time," James told them. James starts the simulation and they all scatter. 

Lilly leans into me tiredly and I wrap my arms around her. "I know bubbles," I said softly. "She can rest in her room and I can have my clone watch over her," James told me. "Alright princess go on, CJ (Clone James) will look after you while you get some more sleep," I said softly. She nods and James clones himself and takes Lilly to our room. We run the simulation 3 times before calling it a day and having the kids take a break. Maddie pulled Roxana to the side and I checked up on Lilly. She was still asleep so with that in mind I joined up with James and Maddie to regroup. 

I had Matteo, Maddie had Roxana and James had January. Then in an hour we'd switch to where Maddie has Sam and James has Tuma while I would watch Lilly. This will allow for James to merge back into one since I'll be watching Lilly. "Okay, so simple. Get the insects to lift up the brick and hold it for 30 seconds," I told Matteo. He controls the insects and they work together to hold up the brick but fail to reach the time limit. "That's alright buddy. Maybe we need to start off smaller and make our way up. Let's start with a paper then a book and then come back to the brick sometime tomorrow," I told him. Matteo shrugs his shoulders and we leave inside to train and after an hour we switch and I watch over Lilly. She's out for maybe another half hour before waking up. "Well good morning sleeping beauty," I said softly. Lilly laughs slightly.

"Morning Felix," Lilly said softly. I noticed that she looked pale and sick. "How are you feeling?" I asked her. "Good," Lilly lied. "Lilly, please don't lie to me," I said softly. Lilly sighs. "I feel sick and my entire body aches," Lilly said softly. I gently placed my hand on her forehead and her head was really hot and she was sweaty. "I think overusing your powers back to back is taking a toll on your body. It's working extra hard and it can't do that if you don't rest. So you're on bed rest and this time don't expect to have it easy again. No leaving and no powers unless it's an emergency. I'll run you a lukewarm bath to drop your body temperature," I said softly.

 I get up and get to the bathroom door before Lilly speaks up. "I'm sorry," Lilly said softly. "You're not in trouble and it's nothing to be sorry about, but you have to find your limit. You just keep going and you never stop and It's time you stop and take some time to get better. I mean it this time Lilly, you need to let me, James and Maddie take care of you," I said softly. "I will and I promise I'll listen," Lilly said softly. "I know kiddo. Find a light pair of clothes to wear," I said softly. I started a lukewarm bath. I know she isn't running a fever as in the sick type but her body needs to regulate its temperature. Lilly held onto the bathroom door and I got concerned.