Chapter 10

Hope you enjoy!!

Fan/Vote/Comment

__________________________________________________________________________

My eyes were closed, but I could still see the shine of light from behind my closed eyes, it seemed that only my ears where awake, because I could hear, shouting, noises that reminded me on metal hitting metal, and crying…and that’s when I heard a voice.

“Are you sure you can’t contact her mother?”

“Yes, we’ve tried several times but she doesn’t pick up”

“Does she have no one” The voice sounded exasperated and impatient.

2 hours later:

I opened my eyes, and squinted to avoid the bright light, when I fully opened my eyes, I realized that it was the morning light seeping through the window. I looked around and was surprised to see that I was in a hospital room, with the cream walls surrounding me. I was on my own, there was no sign of anyone.  Just as I was about the slip the cover off, I heard some shuffling from the door. It opened and a doctor wearing a white  coat and my mother walked in.

The doctor smiled at me “How are you feeling, dear?”

I felt as if my throat had closed up because all I could let out was a small croak.

“Don’t worry, dear, you’re fine now, although you are in a bad state, your bruises will heal with time” he gave me another smile, a smile that reminds you of a father smiling radiantly at his child. I looked at my mother, and instead of her comfort, I was welcomed by her icy stare. I looked away.

The doctor talked again “Well, you’ll be able to go home today”

He gave me a last smile, and left the room.

I couldn’t say anything. My mother was already at my side. “What the hell happened to you!!, you can’t ever take care of yourself can you, I have to be there pick up the pieces and help you with everything” she let out a sigh. “Get your things, were going home now”

“Wait” I said to her “What exactly happened?”

She looked at me skeptically “What? You lost your memory now?”

I didn’t know how to reply to that, because the last thing I remember was being beaten up and then someone carrying me.

“You were badly beaten” she started “But then some man found you and took you to the hospital”

“Who?” I asked, curious

“I don’t know, the doctors just said that the man said you were injured, and he already called the police to arrest the man who did it, before they could ask him anything else, he was gone, just like that, out the hospital doors”

“Did they tell you how he looked like?”

She gave me a frustrated look “No” she said simply, and then repeated “No”

I felt like  punching someone, I really did, I felt like I was going to vomit, and I felt like screaming at my mother for being such a bad mother.

I was met by the chilly air, when me and my mother walked out. We walked together in silence, our thoughts in our own minds, and when she opened the door to the house and told me to close it, I did, and when she told me to go to  my room, I did. When I went in my room, and locked the door, I looked at the mirror and saw what the doctor was talking about. I had bruises, one as big as a tennis ball on my cheek, and a huge purple bruise on my neck, but somehow there was no pain. I just sat there in silence on my bed, and when I felt the drowsiness, I lied back on my bed and closed my eyes, hoping that tomorrow was far away, because at this rate I didn’t want to be the most stared girl at school.

The moment I entered the school gates, Clarissa was at me, hugging me, or more like suffocating me.

“Oh My… are you okay!!?”

“I’m fine” I managed to say, I could feel the stares of the students walking past me, giving me pitiful glances. Probably thinking in their heads “Poor girl” or “She knew it was coming”

I let my hair fall lose today, not that it did any help in covering the bruises.

I adjusted my back pack “Don’t want to be late for class”

I walked up the stairs with Clarissa, and my piece of mind was disturbed by the clattering of heels are sobs.

I saw her, Zach’s girlfriend “I can’t believe this, how the hell could he break up with me” she stomped her heel to the floor, and was surrounded by her friends comforting her. She looked at me “What freak!?”

I looked away, and continued up the stairs with Clarissa, and just when we were about to go up the torturous last step, I felt a ball him my head. I was annoyed, I was pissed, I was more than pissed. I looked up and saw Jay smirking at me as if I was the funniest thing around.

“Haven’t seen you in a while, freak”

“Piss off” I spat at him.

He held his arms up in surrender “No need to get feisty, darling” he smirked.

“What happened to you?” The voice resembled that of someone clawing their nails against a chalk board.

I turned around and surprise, surprise, there stood Zach, and his two minions Caleb and…Adam. I didn’t dare look at Adam, and as for Zach, I showed him a dirty face, and pushed past him. I could feel his poisonous stare, and felt a shiver as I made my way to class.