Chapter 11

• Dedicated to Yasmin

I didn’t matter anymore to the blind world full of people will no essential past, and no happiness. Everyone here were tedious, uncivilized people who found good in nothing. I guess that’s why people should not be surprised when they see such a person like me walking the desolate streets at 7pm.

 The cold brush of dusty wind pushed against my skin, and my eyes felt watery from the whistling wing dragging me backwards. To be honest, I would just rather stay here than anywhere else. The street. The place where you’re just another bystander, waiting for something new to happen. The place where you can see someone’s true colours.

 The incident which happened to me was history now, the past, time to move on. But, I still have that cold chill up my spine when I walk home from an exhausting day of lessons and interventions. My mind burst with crazy paranoia.

 However, what I have been thinking about lately has been of the new boy at school; Chris. Not become I somehow got this OMG, amazing crush on him, but because I guess I feel as if I’ve seen him before. He gives off a intimidating aura so no one really goes near him, but his rusty brown hair, and blue eyes... I don’t know, it feels as though I’ve seen him before, he looks familiar. He never looks at anyone as he walks down the hallway, and I’m guessing the only reason the ‘Secrets’ haven’t done anything yet, is because they think he’s a loser who looks like a spotty rat (I heard this from Clarissa).  What I find really weird is that, in English we were sitting on the same table, and I felt like there were ants crawling up my body, someone was definitely looking at me. I turned to my left, and two seats across was Chris. He stared, not saving even one blink. From close up, his eyes were a deep, sea blue, and he had slight freckles on his cheeks, and his skin was an olive texture. I broke the stare first, but I still felt it, I felt the glare and it was…scaring me.

 The next morning:

 ‘I think we should…maybe help Chris. He looks lonely, and he has no friends’ Clarissa looked at me with her hazel eyes.

‘Uumm… he looks fine to me…’ I tried to sound as casual as possible.

Clarissa rolled her eyes and looked at me. Then glanced left, I looked with her, Chris sat on the bench with big, fat, square glasses, and his lunch on his lap.

 I thought I was going to cry “When did he start wearing glasses?!”

 Clarissa laughed. “Look, he’s not intimidating or scary, he’s just lonely and he’s scared of us, for all you know he could have had a horrible experience in his old school, and he doesn’t want to get close to anyone because he doesn’t want to get hurt”

 “Wow, your imagination is quite…something, and anyway…” I coughed. “Well, for all you know, he could be a serial killer, in league with other criminals and his only aim is to get revenge on …”

 Clarissa’s eyes turned wild, and she was looking left, right and then behind me.

 I felt a shiver travel down my spine. I scrunched my face, as I finally understood. Turned back to neutral, and turned around.

 I gave my biggest possible smile. “Hey…Chris…” I let out a forced laugh.

 I looked at my watch, and looked at him in faux surprise. “Oh my… I have to go… I’m going to be late.”

 I grabbed Clarissa’s arm, and made my way around him only to be stopped by the icy slice of a voice.

 “I’m none of those…”

 I turned back towards him.

 “So don’t judge, okay, you don’t have a right to say anything like that about me if you don’t even know me” He looked almost upset.