Chapter 17

Monday, 8:10am.

Once again, I was the first one to walk into class, the desolate room brought shivers up my spine, the winter cold whistled and I sat on my desk. I don't know what I was expecting or who would walk into the classroom next, i just prayed that it wasn't Chris. I put my head down and started reading from my biology textbook, I heard the door slowly squeaking open, as i held up my head to see who it was, my heart was beating at a crazy rate, and when the person walked in I breathed out a sign of relief. It was Clarissa.

'Scout' she ran and hugged me 'It feels like I haven't seen you in ages'.

I gave her my best smile 'I missed you too' and hugged her firmly. She got her chair next to my desk 'Did you hear that Chris dropped out of Corden'

My eyes widened. 'What!?'

'Yeah, he goes to another school now, it's kind of far from here, but just as rich'

Hiding the shakiness of my voice I asked 'Why?'

'Well, apparently what everyone is saying is that, Zach and Chris got into a argument, and well, Zach won and Chris had no other option but to drop out, and so he did.'

I smiled. My contentment rising.

I looked at Clarissa and she looked a bit down. I put my hand on her shoulder. 'Clarissa, trust me, you'll find boys who are way better than Chris.'

With that sentence hanging in the air, the students started walking into the class room one by one, I gave Clarissa a final smile before she went back to her desk. As the teacher walked in to take the register I could have been negative knowing that today was another day of torture, or I could have been happy that Chris is gone and it's because of Zach. I chose to be happy.

Philosophy Period 6:

Finally, the last class before I get to go home, I walked into the class and saw some familiar faces at the front, and also 'The Secrets' not wanting to make eye contact with any of them, I sat on the middle desk, were I wasn't really close to anybody. As the class filled so did the chairs around me, and as the teacher spoke, I was totally engrossed in everything that was being said. I can't miss out on anything, i need to get the best results so I can to get into the university I want.

I heard something ruffling next to me, and the boy beside me handed me a piece of paper. I looked to the paper and then at him, he pointed to two rows behind him. I looked but all I saw was a girl who had her head on the desk and sleeping. I opened the note and read it.

'I know everything the teacher is saying. I can teach the class'

I smiled at the note knowing exactly who it was. Wait, why I am I smiling. This is Zach, the only relationship we have is tutoring nothing else, I'd rather he act like he doesn't know me at school.I looked again to the girl sleeping, then my eyes roamed two seats to the left, it was Zach, he caught me staring. I guess this was my chance to tell him that sending notes to me souldn't happen.

Making sure that he was looking, I ripped the paper, crumpled the pieces and threw it on the floor. I quickly turned back to the teacher, for some reason feeling totally guilty for what I did. Washing the guilt away I focused on what was being said and dared not look at Zach again.

When the bell rang, I packed up as quick as I could and went out of the school as fast as I could, Clarissa was waiting for me next to the gate, I waved and ran up to her, she was wrapped in a warm coat and a woolly scarf and hat. I felt envious of her warmth and so linked my arm with hers and we walked together. We of course had to stop after 10 minutes and go our different ways so I hugged her and said I'll see her tomorrow.

After what seemed like another 15 minutes, i reached the door to my house, I unlocked it and just as I was about to open it something rattled behind me, I quickly turned only to see a cat jump out from the dustbin, with a deep breath I opened the door and walked into the house locking it behind me.

______________________________________________________

I'm glad she didn't see me, I was almost caught... It's all her fault, all her fault.  I watched as the lights were switched on one by one in the house. I got my glasses from my eyes and wiped them, putting them back on and brushing my blonde hair backwards, I walked away.