Chapter 1

Dedicated to my one and only Taz, the crazy, lovely, dazzling, maniacal, bright... monotone, amazing. Thnxs for being there for me xx

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1:

Ugghh.

“Why does this library have to be next to that damn school, my head is hurting after seeing all those posh uniforms” I turned towards the owner of the library, and asked “ Do you know how much my head hurts, I feel so dizzy. I’m going to be sick”

He gave me an annoyed look. “You can always work somewhere else you know”

“I know” I replied, “but I wouldn’t want to leave poor, old, Mr. Stanley on his own now would I”

Mr. Stanley rolled his eyes at me and turned back to fixing the shelves. Those bloody kids, they don’t know how to stack those precious books properly, and Mr. Stanley has to fix it for them. I’ll show them a piece of my mind next time I see those Corden’s entering this library.

Mr. Stanley turned back to where I was, which was me sitting on a boring looking chair behind the counter, reading, a surprisingly good book, called “The catcher in the rye”

“You need to deliver some books tomorrow morning” He kept staring at me, as if I was going to say yes.

“Since when did we start delivering books?” The hint of annoyance in my voice could not be mistaken.

He softened his eyes and said “Since today… so tomorrow morning, be here by 8:00am sharp, and deliver the books to Corden School”

I almost dropped the book I was reading. I got of the seat and walked right up to Mr. Stanley. He faced me full on, which surprised me, so I had to step back a bit. He was quite intimidating for an old man.

“So, what you’re telling me is that those snobby, rich kids can’t be bothered to walk… literally for two minutes to pick up books!” My face went red with anger, and I was staring straight into his aged, grey eyes.

“Yes” He told me with a smile.

That’s when I lost it. I got my bag, stuffed the book in my bag and flipped it on my back as I stormed out of the library. I could hear his voice behind me telling me to be at the library by 8:00am….sharp!

Whatever! Never going to happen! Those Corden Kids need to get their butts of their thrones once in a while and enter reality; I’m not a servant to them.

--------------------------------------------------------

I got home at approximately 7:30pm.

Darn it! I was 5 minutes late.

Hesitantly and quietly, I unlocked the door and let myself in. It was dark, as usual. The stench of alcohol hurt my nose, but I tried to ignore it and go up the stairs.

Before I could take a step, a voice boomed from the living room “Who’s there!?”

I took a deep breath and called out “It’s me mum, I’m going to bed now”

“Oh no you don’t” I could hear her footstep echo across the wooden floor, she switched on the light and when I saw the state of her, it was quite appalling.   Un brushed hair, alcohol stained clothes and the smell. Well… let’s just say, the smell was quite something.

“Your late” She snarled at me. She gave me a dirty look to me.

“I’m sorry mum, I got held up… the traffic is bad…”

I got cut off by her shouting “You pathetic child, always making excuses! You’re just like your father, just like him! and guess what… he was a rotten, good for nothing, useless, idiotic man. She gave me an evil smirk. “And you’re just like him”

I could feel water escape my eyes as she kept yelling at me. Before I knew it, I ran up the stairs, and locked my self in my room. I got my earphones out, and plugged it into my phone. The music… my music, the only thing that keeps me sane and happy at times, and just makes me forget about mum and dad and everything else that's bad in the world. It’s just me and my music now, nothing can get between that.

That night, I cried myself to sleep.